Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jase1

GTI stolen in leeds

158 posts in this topic

I think a few people have picked up on the main problem.

Let most things in life nowadays there is so much red tape and paper work the job barely gets done. A few of my mates have been in the force, which is where I developed a lot of respect and appreciation for the job. They got so frustrated by the bad press (which raises another point) and internal politics then left to pastures new.

The other problem in all this is the press and some pretty poor reporting of the facts. I was involved in an incident that was reported and although I was the victim I almost complained at the way the local rag reported it. It just stirs up bad feeling towards the police and exaggerates problems with society which aren't anywhere as bad as people think.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Stevie have you got a pickup date yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

They've told me I'm looking at end of March or very early April. You get yours in a week don't you? fekr.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do and time has stopped at the moment! SAUER0421.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

when I told them to get off my front wall, as they were sitting there dropping fag butts in my garden.......

[/ QUOTE ]

fagash, may i recommend this I have it on my side gate and garage wall 'in black'. It's very classy, not intrusive, and definately not something you'd want, or can sit on!! grin.gif It screws on to either brick or fencing.

Oh, and if anyone wants to give me dung.gif about how i could be prosecuted if a would be burglar/chav sits on it/climbs on it, you can kiss my buttcheeks.gif I couldn't give a monkeys!

fight fire with fire i say! 169144-ok.gif

Like your style there LeMan.

I've got barbed wire on my back fence. Some charver cut his arm on it while "climbing over to get his ball back." Funny that as no ball could be seen... fekr.gif

Any way the 5 oh's came round and told me the parents wanted to press charges and had instructed a solicitor. I took the officer to my back fence and pointed to a large and clear sign facing the other side of the fence. Simply stating "Warning: Barbed Wire. Enter at your own risk" the office smiled, thanked me for my time and left. Never heard a thing. Picked that one up in my studies a few years ago, if you warn against a risk it is very difficult to be found at fault.

My 2 pence on the Police! Living in the 'inner city' very glad to have them around. You do start to apreciate the difficult job they have: 25% lawyer, 25% social worker, 25% public servant, 25% figure of hate and abuse.

I More than welcome a greater police pressence on the beat and very happy to pay it from my taxes. I am not happy paying for more traffic police to sit in cars waiting for speeding motorists all day.

The Traffic Police could show a greater lenancy toward motorists that are in a taxed, insured and mot'd cars (if they make slight infringements of the traffic laws). This would allow the Police and the System to concentrate on drink drivers, stolen cars and other illegal vehicles. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The Traffic Police could show a greater lenancy toward motorists that are in a taxed, insured and mot'd cars (if they make slight infringements of the traffic laws). This would allow the Police and the System to concentrate on drink drivers, stolen cars and other illegal vehicles. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

could not agree more 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif

We must not add to the problem.

Anyone noticed yesterdays link asking for advice on where to get an English owners manuel. Lets use a bit of the old loaf guys.

[ QUOTE ]

fagash, may i recommend this I have it on my side gate and garage wall 'in black'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice just what i need for the lockup. 169144-ok.gif