Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Biscuits

Bedford Autodrome - Novice Trackday - Mon Mar 13th

225 posts in this topic

daz, what time are you leaving?

ill be getting on the m25 at waltham abbey. your better getting off the m11 at loughton if your coming from the north circular direction as its much quicker and shorter. wanna meet?

[ QUOTE ]

You chaps getting there late, isn't the morning briefing mandatory? If not, I won't leave so early. ZZZ.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to be there for the morning briefing if you've either not been on a track day or not been to Bedford before.

Yeah we can meet. Think the M25 -> A1(M) might be the best route to avoid the M1. I think I'd need to leave about 6:30 to be there for 8:30. Could meet you at 7ish?

[ QUOTE ]

The drive by noise limit looks a bit dodgy !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

From the Ts & Cs last time I went:

"Your vehicle must meet the noise regulations governing the site at all times. (87.5db drive by at 20m or 101db static)"

You won't have any problems with your Milltek'd S4 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You chaps getting there late, isn't the morning briefing mandatory? If not, I won't leave so early. ZZZ.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to be there for the morning briefing if you've either not been on a track day or not been to Bedford before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh well, 6am it is then! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

....Does that apply even if you aren't going on track?

Nah, I wouldn't have thought so - it's just for the drivers.

Should I stick with my 18" wheels with 4.000 mile old Goodyear F1s or put my original 16"ers back on and finish those tyres off? I'm just thinking about the increased body roll.

[ QUOTE ]

Is anyone planning on taking a camera??

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take my bullet-cam, havent managed to get it hooked up to a video camera yet. If anyone wants to bring a camcorder themselves then I'll loan them the bullet-cam. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will be taking a digital cam and hopefully be sticking them in the Meets and Trackdays gallery after I've masked all the reg plates.

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take my bullet-cam, havent managed to get it hooked up to a video camera yet. If anyone wants to bring a camcorder themselves then I'll loan them the bullet-cam. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be taking a digital still camera and my new camcorder. Just looking at the spec, the JVC camcorder I've gone and bought only has video out SAUER0421.GIF so unless the spec on the website is wrong (which for £490 I hope it is!), I won't be able to use a bullet cam either.

JVC GZ-MG60 HDD Camcorder

sportifs2.gif

Daz, sign on is at 7:30 and breifing is at 8:30. do we have to be there at 7:30 or 8:30 then?

shouldnt take too long to get there if we leave loughton at 6:30-7 am.

if you come off M11 1st junction for loughton,im right there (200-300 yrs) on the route to m25. so a meet will be pretty easy. just not sure what time to get there for?

[ QUOTE ]

Daz, sign on is at 7:30 and breifing is at 8:30. do we have to be there at 7:30 or 8:30 then?

shouldnt take too long to get there if we leave loughton at 6:30-7 am.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you just have to get there between 7.30-8.30am

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be taking a digital still camera and my new camcorder. Just looking at the spec, the JVC camcorder I've gone and bought only has video out SAUER0421.GIF so unless the spec on the website is wrong (which for £490 I hope it is!), I won't be able to use a bullet cam either.

JVC GZ-MG60 HDD Camcorder

sportifs2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, you need AV inputs, which that camcorder hasn't got, and nor do many other modern digi-cams unfortunately.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can safely get there at 8.25 to sign on. If you get there at 7.30, you'll be twiddling your thumbs for an hour, although you'll be able to chat to everyone else about their cars etc.

Apparently you can film @ Bedford. A colleague of mine was there last week and they were all using their videos without any issues.

[ QUOTE ]

Apparently you can film @ Bedford. A colleague of mine was there last week and they were all using their videos without any issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

W O O O H O O O ! ! !

jump.gif

I've just got my registration pack email through and on the registration form it clearly says:

[ QUOTE ]

Video cameras fixed to a car internally or externally are not permitted.

Hand held cameras of any type are not permitted to be carried or used whilst a car is on track.

[/ QUOTE ]

Morning Daz,

Yeah I saw that too..... fekr.gif

I think this registration sheet is the 'official rules', I'll still take the camcorder and use it if I get the opertunity.

One thing that has worried PB (A3 3.2 DSG) is the minimum tyre depth, 4mm ! Anyone know if this again is the 'official ruling', but in reality it's up to you??????? He's down to 2mm and was going to get a new set after the track day.

Can't wait, hope the weather is ok.

ECLIPSe.gif

They say minimum depth of 4mm??????

COPY OF REGISTRATION FORM

Bedford Autodrome Track Day

Print this form off and bring it with you to registration, suitably completed and signed.

Car registration number

VEHICLE PREPARATION – Check the following

• Tightness of wheel-nuts (preferably torque settings)

• Towing eye supplied is in your possession. (if not, immediately order from your dealer)

• Security of oil drain plug, and that vehicle is generally free from oil and coolant leaks.

• Petrol cap is firmly in place, and where possible, locked securely.

• Conditions of tyres (minimum 4mm tread on road going tyres, no visible damage).

• Type of tyres (no mixed tyres on same axle, i.e. textile and steel braced). No mixing wets and slicks.

• Tyre pressures.

• Brake fluid level and ensure there are no leaks in the system.

• Condition of brake pads and lining (minimum 3mm thickness on lining, not including back plate).

• Steering system is in good order.

• All lights function correctly.

• Condition and function of seatbelts.

• Condition and function of door locks.

• Condition and function of windscreen wipers and washers.

• Condition of exhaust system efficiency and stability.

• Security of battery mounting.

• All loose objects are removed from the car, including those in the boot.

• Any containers of petrol or other flammable substances are removed from the car.

Please tick confirming that you know where your towing eye is and that it is fitted to your vehicle on this day. []

Please tick if you have insurance cover for your car on track days. []

Additional notes

Video cameras fixed to a car internally or externally are not permitted.

Hand held cameras of any type are not permitted to be carried or used whilst a car is on track.

I can confirm that I have completed the above vehicle checks and I am aware of the additional

notes.

PRINTED NAME: SIGNED: DATE:

That's actually getting a bit worrying. If all tracks do this then it will put a lot of people off as you could end up needing dedicated track rubber.