Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aussie_WAITING

Australian MK5 Owners (...and orderers) :-/

148 posts in this topic

James - just out of interest what are the first 3 digits of your commission number?

[ QUOTE ]

Just looking through the excellent Mk5 gallery you guys have on here, and i'm I WANT MY GTI !!!! This is so painful, they're so gorgeous! (and believe it or not i've never test drove the thing ... i bought it based purely on looks and reviews and want to savour the driving experience in my very own one)

again....this is just painful!

ps. my order is black/beige leather/manual/xenons

pps. cheers for the welcome

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously nice combination... you will not regret.

post-12916-137914347356_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

James - just out of interest what are the first 3 digits of your commission number?

[/ QUOTE ]

do you one better hehe, first four numbers are 6159

cheers.

james.

[ QUOTE ]

do you one better hehe, first four numbers are 6159

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there goes that theory - my number is 619XXX ordered in August.

Thought the commission numbers might be sequential.

HAd seen someone with 617XXX that had ordered in late June 05.

I agree with ajwo that the commission numbers are probably sequential - mine was 615*** when I signed up in June 2005, but the car had been ordered in April or thereabouts. I believe there is another number called the production number which the first 3 numbers show the week and day of build, but I never got that (mainly because I did not know about it to ask), yet other people did. This production number is again different than the 6 digits you will get that complete your Vin.

The wait is worthwhile as I smile 4,000 klm later and still learning all the plusses the car has.

I ordered my GTI at the beginning of June. VW confirmed today that it was finally being built this week which is week 9. This supports the theory that the first two digits of the production number indicates the build week (my production number is 09xxxxx). Hopefully I'll get my hands on my GTI some time in April.

I don't think that commission numbers are sequential as my commission number is 618xxx and is a higher number than a couple of people who ordered their vehicles after I ordered mine (I had been given my number before they had ordered).

I am also in Melbourne. I ordered in late August, received my comm. no (618xxx) about a week later.

All of the dealers I had visited (4) said to expect April delivery. In early January VWA gave me a build week 9 - this week. Today VWA responded to my email of last Friday, saying my car was built last week (early!!), gave me a VIN and said anticipated shipping date is 7 March.

So it seems almost certain that I'll get my car in April as originally advised. My spec. is black, DSG, leather, sunroof and parking sensors. It seems odd that you (Aussie_waiting) don't even have a build week yet.

I would phone VWA Allocations Dept in Sydney (02 9695 6000) or email them via the link on the VW web-site - quote your comm. number. They should certainly be able to give you a build week by now. I have generally found them to be helpful.

BTW this is my first ever post here despite lurking since about last September. Until now I haven't had a single bloody thing to contribute, but I have learnt a huge amount from the regulars. So hello and thanks a lot - keep it up.

Mick

Melbourne_mick - your specs are exactly the same as mine. I'm spewing that yours has already been built considering that I ordered mine at the beginning of June. Can you IM me your full commission number? I'd like to compare it with mine.

Your GTI will be on the Maersk Tide which leaves Port Elizabeth on 8 March and is due to arrive in Melbourne on 26 March.

Guys, just think how much more exclusive your cars will be when they arrive smile.gif

I know it's no consolation but I've been in Aus recently & only saw 1 GTI in over 2 weeks!!! Now compare to the UK where they almost seem to be everywhere.......

so from the dates you ordered yours, with me ordering 5th september, i should hopefully still be on track for april. . . . maybe, hopefully i can get on that end of march boat. I'll call them tomorrow though.

[ QUOTE ]

Guys, just think how much more exclusive your cars will be when they arrive smile.gif

I know it's no consolation but I've been in Aus recently & only saw 1 GTI in over 2 weeks!!! Now compare to the UK where they almost seem to be everywhere.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally who gives a fekr.gif I just want to DRIVE it!!

OK! so i've emailed her and she says she'll get back to me asap because she's got too much on (she had said tuesday), i called VW Australia, and funnily enough when i gave them my commission number they not only told me 'that car' was delivered july last year but also that it wasn't a GTI.

there better be answers soon!

[ QUOTE ]

OK! so i've emailed her and she says she'll get back to me asap because she's got too much on (she had said tuesday), i called VW Australia, and funnily enough when i gave them my commission number they not only told me 'that car' was delivered july last year but also that it wasn't a GTI.

there better be answers soon!

[/ QUOTE ]

It always looked like your commission number was suspect going on other peoples numbers and delivery dates.

Good luck sorting it out.

I just emailed my dealer and they said they don't have a commission number as yet. If what Toti said is true, maybe they have sold their allocated 11 GTI's for the year and now have to wait for their next allocation. The guy seems very honest and said he will speak with management on Friday and get back to me.

I have to give him a call to get more information.

I ordered my GTI in the first week of Jan with an expected July delivery... My dealer told me today that it'd be August build and October-November delivery... frown.gif

Do you have the commission number yet?

At least you have been told a build week and delivery month. Would have ordered mine late January, early February and i dont even have a commission number! I was always told November/December, but if it turns out to be even longer I will not be impressed.

i managed to get the right comm number this morning ... 619...

Called VW, i'm a march build for late may delivery.

so jump.gif

Mine is finally on the way. It was loaded on to the boat on Tuesday as per the Wallenius Wihelmsen site:

Cargo Id : WVWZZZ1KZ6Uxxxxxx

Booking Number : DEBRBxxxxx Bill Number : ZAxxxxx

Vessel: MAERSK TIDE Port of origin : PORT ELIZABETH

Voyage : EE604-MKT Port of Destination : SYDNEY

Status Port Time(dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm)

LOADED ON VESSEL PORT ELIZABETH 07/03/2006 23:25

RECEIVED AT TERMINAL PORT ELIZABETH 06/03/2006 12:29

BOOKED BREMEN 03/03/2006 16:00

[ QUOTE ]

mine is 11 month wait. ordered mine in January and will not take delivery until December, maybe even January!

Welcome to TSN, these guys are a knowledgeable bunch!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just found this forum, but had a bit of experience lately sourcing a GTI. Would Suggest That you find another dealer. I went through a leasing company after hearing from a couple of Sydney dealers it would be a 12 month wait. The guy found pre-ordered stock, and I picked out the one I wanted, and presto - delivery August. Got a call from the dealer this week, and delivery has been brought back to June.

Spoke to the dealer about stock, and he advised they can get almost anything within 5 months.

PVT me if you want the dealers details.

I know the dealer is owned by a South African Company, and have heard they somehow get more stock than other dealers.

Hope this helps. beerchug.gif

I knew there had to be a downside to Australia, having spent 3 awesome weeks in your country, its just such a cool place to live. I am now glad that I have found a reason for living it the UK, from order to delivery my car will only be 8 weeks!! 169144-ok.gif

how did you find out what exact ship it's on? i'm keen to find out when mine is arriving to aus, all i've been told is late may delivery.

[ QUOTE ]

how did you find out what exact ship it's on? i'm keen to find out when mine is arriving to aus, all i've been told is late may delivery.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to get the VIN from the dealer or VWA - only available after the car has gone into production I believe.

Then go to this website:

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/searchCargo.do?trackType=Auto

which is the shipping company Wallenius Wilhelmsen.

Type your VIN into the "Cargo ID" slot and if your car is on a ship it will tell you the name and schedule.

This only works after loading, with a few days delay. For example, my car was loaded on 28/2, ship sailed 1/3 and it first showed up on the schedule on 4/3.

managed to find out my car is being made this week, does anyone know how long it takes from being made to being put on a ship? i've also found out there's a ship leaving on the 10th of april so do you think it'll make that one? jump.gif (very excited!!!!)

i think it takes under a week to build the car so I dont see any reason why it wouldnt make it.

My dealer said it normally takes 8 to 12 weeks for delivery after its built. Not sure if that's when the dealer gets the car or when you get to drive away.

You'd be looking at around late May, early June I'd say.