Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aussie_WAITING

Australian MK5 Owners (...and orderers) :-/

148 posts in this topic

Bristol or Warminster is no prob and once you know I could post it in the Meets forum on your behalf and also PM some of the Curry Club regulars.

Hi Everyone,

Have been following TSN posts since I ordered one in early March and have found many of them informative and interesting. Thanks.

I have contacted VWA and have been informed that my car has been built and should be here in late June. Rather pessimistic of them I thought as that means almost 2 months just for transportation from the factory. Can anyone in Sydney who has taken delivery of their new baby tell me what sort of delivery time they experienced (shipment time only)? Like everyone else, am eagerly awaiting arrival!

Cheers

Welcome Sydneysider, great to see another local (from Oz/NZ) on TSN!

VWA told me July delivery and then a month later my dealer told me August/Spetember! I dont know what to believe.

if you ordered in march and are expecting a june delivery you're doing very well!! as for the 2 month wait, that would be about right...

* need to wait for the next ship to arrive, i believe there's two per month

* 22 days on ship

* i'm told up to 10 days until the transport company collect and deliver the car to vw

* they then told me 1-2 weeks to check the car and detail

i'm hoping the 1-2 weeks to check the car is an exageration, my car was on shore on the 2nd of may and they've told me "should be" end of may delivery. I was hoping i'd have it by the end of this coming week.

and fyi smile.gif i ordered mine in september last year and at that point was told an april delivery.

i just checked the shipping schedule, my guess would be yours will be on this voyage EE611-DOP ... go here http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/voyageSearch.do and put that voyage number in, the car is loaded at port elizabeth, so from that it'll be on shore end of may and then you could probably expect mid june delivery --- maybe??? i'll let you know how quickly mine arrives!

Thanks for the info, aussie Waiting.

You are probably right...mid to late June delivery for mine. Shall advise when I have more news. Good to know that u will have yours soon.

Howdy,

I ordered my Car in February, from Barloworld in Mascot.

Expecting Delivery in Mid to Late June, or Early July at the latest.

Probably on the same ship as yours Sydneysider.

I cant wait....

I tink the difference is more than a few hundred dollars.

Hi, want my GTI now. Sent an earlier reply but can't seem to find it anywhere. I also ordered thru the same dealer as you! Let's hope that we will be getting ours soon. Please let me know if u hear anything .

cheers

well it's friday and i'm still GTI-less, it seems there's a step inbetween it going from the the ship to the dealer which they neglected to tell me, it goes to some big vw depo in wetherill park, that's where it's detailed and checked out and then from there it's sent to the dealership GRRR!!

Well, hopefully next week i guess smashfreakB.gif

lol ... as a bonus i guess, it's raining in sydney.

Hey Sydneysider.

I would reckon ours will both be on the same boat over here.

I saw my first blue GTI on the road on the way to work this morning, and wanted to cry - wished it was me. Good to see the bloke had a big grin on his face.

Black is a pretty schmick colour - I am taking mine straight in to get the rear apron painted blue.

Might see you out on the road sometime.

Who did you deal with @ barloworld - I dealt with a guy named Ricky, who has been great.

want my GTI now, where are you intending to get your rear apron colour coded? I am interested in something similar but havent had the chance to look around as yet... not that there is that much of a rush.

Almost there, aussie Waiting....what's another week after being patient for so long? Let us know when it actually arrives....what is there to detail at wetherril park, I would have thought that the dealer does the preparation as that is the excuse they give for whacking us with a thumping big delivery fee? Btw, I read in TSN somewhere that the uk guys sometimes report that their dealers forget to remove some rubber stoppers from the suspensions, so better to check that yours have been removed.

Hi want my GTI now. Got mine from Dennis in barloworld...nice guy, I also like the fact that he allows me to have the test-drive by ourselves instead of coming along. Tested the Polo Gti and Jetta as well....both great alternatives but thought that the Golf was well worth the extra long wait.

Good idea to have the rear apron painted blue...I think the black colour is too obvious in the brighter colour cars. Blue was my second alternative but had a blue wrx before so went for black as never had it before. Saw a black Gti in Menai last week....looks great but needed a wash...the black colour shows up dirt pretty easily but I can live with that.

Would have love to have your options like leather and xenons but am already stretching the budget...I originally went for the Polo Gti but got talked into the Golf by Dennis!

I can't believe there are dealers who will not give prospective buyers a decent test drive. My dealer gave me GTI for a day and half (overnight) to have a blast with, complete with a full tank....with instructions to give her a good go!

Also had the loan of a Mk5 R32. Never had a dealer accompany me when going for a test drive of a VW.

Looks like u have better dealers in NZ, Jono. No way any here will allow u to have a car for a day....most will want to accompany you on the test-drive and before handing over the keys, will demand your signature on a form that says that the buyer will be responsible for any excess of $1-2,000 if there is a prang. I think I recall that VW Australia once had an offer of a Bora 4-Motion for a week advertised but that was it. Btw, the UK guys refer to their dealers as stealers....not a bad description.

Hey GTI Vee Dubber. Probably go to one of the paint shops recommended by VW, not sure who they are.

Haven't really had any need to a smash repairer up til now, as haven't ever had anything worse than a scrape.

Figure the cost of the painting will be about $500? though that is just a complete gues. I know they have to smooth out the black plastic prior to painting, this could take time I suppose.

Also tinting the windows with a 20% tint, will look the goods.

I am in two minds at the moment.

1/ I want the GTI now.

2/ I am moving house in July, after living with the mother in law for 12 months, and parking my Saab on the street. With the bird crap and gum tree branches, I dont want the GTI until I have my garage back. Tempted to ask the Mother In Law to park on the street, but her new 120i would probably trump my car, considering she owns the house.

Oh well, it is only 6 weeks away I suppose. cool.gifcool.gif

happy days ahead guys!!! Got a call today, my car is at the dealer! jump.gif

I told them i'd pick up 3pm on friday so i can properly enjoy my first (ever) drive grin.gif

let you know what i think (and i'll post some pics!) over the weekend.

Great news! You're going to have a stunning weekend with your new baby. Congrats!

Wow, great news! Only two days to go...you must be excited. Have u seen the car yet? Are u going to have a good look and drive it before you take delivery? Just to make sure that everything is working and in perfect condition.

very excited, for surely going to have a good look over it before i drive off, the dealer i bought it from (Chatswood) has their collections from their service centre (Artarmon) so that's down the quiet back streets, will have a play around there before i leave to make sure it's all good. Shame it's meant to rain friday ROLLEY~14.GIF

.....WOW ! jump.gif

Picked it up today at 3pm, was at the dealers for about an hour or so talking and going through stuff, they accidently tinted the windows ROLLEY~14.GIF , it's light and i actually quite like it so obviously didn't have to pay for that beerchug.gif

Having never driven a gti before it was quite an experience driving home, i'm going to be gentle with it for the first little while (1000km or so - if i can manage it!) so i was keeping it below 4000 revs and ....wow! SO GOOD! Shifting is amazing, handling is amazing, the car is amazing! So many added little bonuses that i hadn't read about or had forgotten reading about, i love it! AND it came with the bottle opener and leather manual.

i'm so impressed, i can't wait for tomorrow so i can go out and have a good look through it properly as by the time i'd gotten home it was getting dark.

thanks for all the helpful stuff leading up to this guys and tiding me over with pics of your babies whilst i waited for mine. (i'll get some shots up here over the weekend - haven't seen any on here with my beige black combo).

oh! and xenons are awesome!! smile.gif i love them!

such an amazing car smile.gif such great value!

Wonderful to read your enthusiasm!! jump.gif

Usually when you anticipate something exciting, you build it up so much that the event can be disappointing [sounding like a teenager on his first date!]. But, I notice that with the Mk5 GTI, everyone remains excited and isn't disappointed 169144-ok.gif.

ENJOY!!!!

Totally agree - I was getting worried towards the end of the wait that I'd built it up too much but NO WAY!

Whenever I park her I always glance back at least once, sometimes twice smlove2.gif

You bought yours from Chatswood? I rang them and they were the ones that told me I couldn't test drive the car and said if i wanted to know what the car was like there were a lot of review articles i could read.

Rang Barloworld and they said they would get back to me within the week, but didn't until a week later. So I then rang Bill Buckle in Brookvale and got a drive the day later and ordered the car then and there.

Want my GTI now, I would appreciate you PM'ing me when you do get your rear bumper sprayed so you can tell me all the details.