Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aussie_WAITING

Australian MK5 Owners (...and orderers) :-/

148 posts in this topic

Well....Spoke to dealer today. Despite reassurances that there was plenty of time to change the spec, it seems that a chassis number has already been alocated and no changes are now possible! Any changes would require a reorder and a 4-5 month wait.

But who wants a 45K car that is perfect apart from everything you should have got. So you could say colour is still up in the air, retesting gearboxes this weekend. Red and Black top of the list (but candy white wouldnt be bad)

Your starting to sound like me Hurricaine! You poor bastard! I know exactly what your going through, although for 45k your doing alright! Mines an 8k premium on that. So what spec have you got at the moment?? bike.thumb.gif

Toti - Black magic, Manual, Bixenons, Sun roof. And looking at miltek exhaust. Waiting list has been reduced to 4-5 months due to second production line in south africa. (But thats probably been mentioned somewhere?) May be here by my birthday, but lets just see.

Hurricaine one can only hope! That sounds very similar to my first order. Black with xenons will look hawt!! FIREdevil.gif

Want my GTI now, I went past the Patrick's wharf this morning and there was a ship there which I am sure your car was on!

unforetunately with the weather in this state you might not be able to see the ship from your building. I hope you get some work done today.

Howdy,

Yep, it is the don pasquale, and lots of little golfs are coming out its bum.

Unfortunately the rain makes it difficult to distinguish models, but who cares - the car is here.....

Now if I could just get rid of the saab, I would be able look forward to the new car, missus says cant have new car till rid of old one.....

confused.gifconfused.gif

So exciting.

Congratulations. Have you put your car on carsales.com.au?

That's how I sold my car, and it's only $10 until you sell it. Unfortunately the second hand car market is flooded at the moment, but good luck. Would be interested to know how long it takes to get from the port to the dealer telling you it's ready.

Hi Guys!

Just got email today from Barloworld Mascot....my car has arrived! Going thru pre-delivery and detailing now and will pick up on Friday but shall go in on Wednesday to have an inspection. It arrived into Sydney on the 24th May so that meant it took VWA 12 days to get it to the dealer..this is within the 10 working days that VW Assist estimated.

Hey,

Surprised it takes Barloworld that long, considering their dealership is located right next to VWA HQ.

Anyway congrats, and enjoy the new wheels.

Yep She is on carsales, Cheapest price on the net by about $1000, originally had it on there for about $25k, with all the other similar specced ones, but have dropped it to $19,500 to sell fast - hopefully it will happen.... fingers crossed. Never taken this long to sell a car before. fekr.gif

Add me to the list...

Black GTI, sunhole, bi-xenon, leather, manual - Finally a reason to read my own website again...

Now the really annoying bit, ordered it last friday and i'll pick it up next week! sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Add me to the list...

Black GTI, sunhole, bi-xenon, leather, manual - Finally a reason to read my own website again...

Now the really annoying bit, ordered it last friday and i'll pick it up next week! sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif Welcome back to the joys of car ownership jump.gif

Bison, how did you manage that? If you had ordered your spec but with DSG I would have swore you stole my order!

This is your site? I thought this was a UK site.

got lucky i guess! Just rang around and found out which stealers had unsold allocated GTIs on order.

Started in the UK but its a pretty international affair these days...

Bison, same happened to me. I knew the spec I wanted, ordered it against the existing allocation of my dealer, and had it 10 days later (including the time for it to come off the boat and be prepared by the dealer)!

Cat with apple on head, Your waiting time may be decreased. Have heard from dealer that a second production line in South africa has been started. Delivery time quoted to me was 4-5 months.

Dealer Phoned this morning.

Pickup on the 16th June - Next Friday.

Very Excited. jump.gifjump.gif

I sold the saab this morning, now car less and ready to take delivery next Friday - only 7 more sleeps.

Rain Rain go away.

ECLIPSe.gif

Congratulations. My car is apparently on Tancred which left Port Elizabeth on the 8/6/06, but my car doesn't show up on the cargo tracking yet. I will reserve my happiness until i know it's on board.

Be Careful,

Mine showed up as soon as it was on the dock to be loaded, about a week or more before it left port.

Hope it is on board for you mate.

You'll be fine GTiVeeDubber, mine was on board a week before it showed up. It'll be here tomorrow! Two more weeks to go! jump.gif

It showed up today! I was starting to get worried that it had missed that boat but all is good now. I hope the pirates aren't out and about smashfreakB.gif