Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
selwynf

17s or 18s

187 posts in this topic

[ QUOTE ]

This is an argument that neither side can win, as we all went for our prefered choices

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said that man. 169144-ok.gif

I apologise for any upset i might have caused and all my comments were tongue in cheek! To say that the 17s look aftermarket is a bit harsh i know.

I think maybe we need some new topics!

Whats best? leather or largos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuff that, I've got a better question, one that we can all agree on; what's the best hot hatch? wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuff that, I've got a better question, one that we can all agree on; what's the best hot hatch? wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Focus ST.

Just kidding lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You telling that poster he was in the 1% minority is plain wrong. Maybe it was a joke, but that can sometimes be missed on a forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a joke mate, hence the... wink.gif

(stirred up debate though!) 169144-ok.gif

Its only a debate, but I do get the impression that most of those who own the 18's 'can't understand why some people prefer the 17's. As though we're mad.

But, many people who prefer the 18's over the 17's are the same people who prefer the Gti over the R32 even if they can afford the R32. Why? They prefer the styling of the Gti, typical phrases are 'its more subtle / looks better'.

All I'm saying is if you can understand one, you should be able to understand the other.

ps. I still think the 18's look a bit OTT....!

[ QUOTE ]

ps. I still think the 18's look a bit OTT....!

[/ QUOTE ]

And I don't see why they look OTT wink.gif

We're all happy with our choices, so lets just have a group hug, but watch out for Leman, I hear his fingers roam everywhere sekret.gif

Speaking of alloys; I just saw the alloys on the CTR, bwhahahahaahahahah, they look like £50 bargains from Hellfrauds SPericani2.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Its only a debate, but I do get the impression that most of those who own the 18's 'can't understand why some people prefer the 17's. As though we're mad.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO you are all mad yelrotflmao.gif

As for the R32, that just looks dung.gif!

The GTI was never about looks.

I stand by what i said before, why i prefer the 17s

" like the 17s better myself for long term use.

I do prefer the look of the 18s though.

The reason i went for 17s was NOT price it was simply with been in the trade i have seen too many bent alloys due to small tire wall and pot holes. Since its like roads in the middle east countrys up here as anything outside the M25 wall does not seem to get cash i went for the 17s.

Its so easy to bend the inner edge of an alloy were theres little strength and support especially one with so little tire wall height and give and a largeish width like the 18s. The finish of the 18s too imho is not very durable over many years use and will take alot more looking after and prob need referbed after quite a few years from other makes of alloy that have this type of finish,. "

VW Australia certainly claim to know what GTI means

Linky

wait for it to load, then click on "Access all areas"

and then you can click on the G or the T or the I and VW tell you what they think it means 169144-ok.gifbeerchug.gifsmlove2.gif

Its the same old thing people with 18s dont think 17s look right, and people with 17s dont think 18s look right.

Well Im putting 19s on mine, beacuse I think it will look and handle even better, but I still think it looks good with 17s or 18s!!!

Doesn't help much really does it?