Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ari

AAaaarrggh... Let me sleep!!!

32 posts in this topic

Ok so I go to bed between about 11 to 12pm, and I get up about 8am ish.

I generally get off to sleep pretty quick and sleep well.

But this year in particular I've been waking up at about 3am and finding myself lying there wide awake for sometimes hours!

Usually I eventually drift off to sleep again but not always, and then i wake up, sometimes late, shattered.

The whole boat thing has been on my mind a lot since early Jan when the deal happened, up until I got it a week or two ago. It was a big commitment for me and also very exciting and I would wake up and have a good fret about that.

Now it's all done and dusted I thought I would be able to sleep again, but I find I'm still doing it. I fret about work, about life, about getting older, death, all sorts of nonsense, just can't seem to switch it off.

It's really pissing me off now. I am a worrier generally, but not obsessively, but 3am and it's all round round in my head when all I want to do is sleeeep! SAUER0421.GIF

Any suggestions? crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Ok so I go to bed between about 11 to 12pm, and I get up about 8am ish.

I generally get off to sleep pretty quick and sleep well.

But this year in particular I've been waking up at about 3am and finding myself lying there wide awake for sometimes hours!

Usually I eventually drift off to sleep again but not always, and then i wake up, sometimes late, shattered.

The whole boat thing has been on my mind a lot since early Jan when the deal happened, up until I got it a week or two ago. It was a big commitment for me and also very exciting and I would wake up and have a good fret about that.

Now it's all done and dusted I thought I would be able to sleep again, but I find I'm still doing it. I fret about work, about life, about getting older, death, all sorts of nonsense, just can't seem to switch it off.

It's really pissing me off now. I am a worrier generally, but not obsessively, but 3am and it's all round round in my head when all I want to do is sleeeep! SAUER0421.GIF

Any suggestions? crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ari...it must be our age, I'm exactly the same.

I slept very well last night though..with a little help from the other half (If you get my drift)

So..in short....more nooky = less insomnia 169144-ok.gifZZZ.gifZZZ.gifZZZ.gif

Agree with both, but when you're sleeping alone it's not quite so easy... crazy.gif

(Oh God I'm turning into Riz now!! pengy.gif )

Try keeping a note pad next to the bed mate, when you wake up with an idea/worry/whatever, jot in down, then you can go back to sleep, safe in the knowledge that you can go back to it during the day.

Or try a handful of sleeping pills and half a bottle of vodka, should sort you out wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Agree with both, but when you're sleeping alone it's not quite so easy... crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bit of fun for one should sort you out then mate 169144-ok.gif

I'm the same over the weekend Ari, I wake up for about 2 hours on Saturday and Sunday night for no reason at all. I ain't got any worries at all and can't understand why.

I'm similar. It takes me ages to drop off, ie hour and a half to 2 hours and then i only sleep for about the same length of time. Seem to doze then till I have to get up. Have tried allsorts of things to get me to sleep, including nookie(a long long time ago), and that didnt work either(must be a man thing). I just cant seem to switch my mind off. It goes off on meaningless tangents for no apparent reason, no matter how hard i try to empty it.

Think I'm destined to be wrinkly and burnt out by the time i'm 40 frown.gif

So i'm of no help whatsoever, sorry Ari ROLLEY~14.GIF

I've had this too. Need to break the sleep patten somehow. Try staying up all night 123576-assfeck.gif that usually does it for me.

Why don't you take yourself in hand Ari - usually gets you back off to sleep! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I've had this too. Need to break the sleep patten somehow. Try staying up all night 123576-assfeck.gif that usually does it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or just staying up all night 169144-ok.gif

Insomnia - Excellent record. Utter genius song!

Could do with the album actually..........

any back to you Ari - bit of night-time milk drink? Bournvita? Or those natural sedative type tablets (non-addictive obviously!)

Also, no dozing during the day!

Good luck.

How about listening to me talk it works for Mrs C.

I could do you a few cd's of me chatting thats enough to make anyone sleep. ZZZ.gif

Seriously though try listening to a book on tape or something like that it does seem to work for Mrs C

[ QUOTE ]

I could do you a few cd's of me chatting thats enough to make anyone sleep. ZZZ.gif

Seriously though try listening to a book on tape or something like that it does seem to work for Mrs C

[/ QUOTE ]

Or simply re-read this post...over & over & over grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or Ian_C could make a CD of useful car and TSN member trivia for you to listen to! znaika.gif

Actually wadders thats a better idea just re read all my posts if they dont make you sleep at least they will make you laugh at the inane crap i write. 169144-ok.gif

Right, so basically the Tyresmoke collective suggestions are drugs and sex/mastabation. UHOH7.GIF

Sounds good to me!! laugh.gif

SMOKE6.GIF123576-assfeck.gifSMOKE6.GIF123576-assfeck.gifSMOKE6.GIF

ZZZ.gif

Ari, thats masturbation....if you're mastabating, you must be doing it wrong....no wonder you can't sleep... grin.gif

Herbal Nytols sometimes help. grin.gif

Don't read or anything before you go to bed as it wakes your mind up too much. Read TSN or watch crap telly that will switch all functioning brain cells off. 169144-ok.gif

I have had this a bit myself recently. I get up and have a surf for 30mins ish and I usually go back off to sleep fairly easily.

But if you are worrying about things, as has been mentioned above write it down and think briefly about the worst thing that can happen in relation to what you are worrying about. Often the worst that can happen isn't that bad and often somthing you can't change so worry about it less, mind you easy to say I know.

Oh and all the other suggestions do the job as well. grin.gif

Defo an age thing Ari. I am the same off and on.

First thing is to never look at your alarm clock, as you will have either just gone to bed, it will be the middle of the night, or it will soon be morning. Its a looser whatever time it is.

Second, exercise. In whatever form (I see sex/Menage-a-Une has been covered) but gym / walk anything will help.

And lastly. Just remember that problems are ALWAYS worse when you think about them in the middle of the night. Just stop yourself worrying about stuff......plenty of time to do that during the day when you can get a better perspective on things.

169144-ok.gif

Looks like this thread may have died, Have you tried cutting out caffeine?

coffee.gif