New Cupra Model, will used LCR's tumble?

Welshrarebit

I don't want this topic to become a slanging match as i am looking to buy my first LCR.

My mates reckon i should wait until the summer as more selection will be available, as more people will want to part ex.

Some will want to sell now anticipating the reduction in value.

I personally believe that as there are no plans by Seat to bring out an "R" specific model (well i'm not aware of one)this will create a niche in the market and LCR's will be held at a good value.

What are your opinions. As i said earlier i do not want a slanging match just healthy debate from owners and others.

Thanx

There will be no 'R' version. SEAT realigned their models recently. The FR is the old Cupra and the Cupra is the old Cupra R.

I *think* it was a combination of reasons. One being something to do with Honda having the hump about SEAT using the 'R' as a branding, when they are using it in their Type R models.

The other reason was that Cupra stands for Cup Racing and the R also stood for Racing - Cup Racing Racing doesn't really make much sense.

Well I don't think they are going to fall a lot below you can pay now, because argueably the last style is a nicer looking outside and inside. All cars will depreciate and the new leon will have a knock on an older model, but if it was my money, I'd go find a good R now brand new or ex demo preferably and haggle, you should get an excellent deal now and probably increase the risk of not getting one at a later date without much hassle and looking about for your spec 169144-ok.gif

Thanks for your opinion Ritey, just what i wanted. Good advice only unable to spend that kind of money as budget is lower.

Never the less i am idealy positioned for a 2003 spec LCR and am indiferent regarding colour as quality is the key.

Looking forward to more viewpoints......

Sorry - forgot to answer the main question smashfreakB.gif

I'd agree with Ritey on all points - I don't think they will go into freefall as the R is such a great car. I honestly don't think there are many cars of that ilk around that give you as much bang for your buck.

Check out SCN - there are always some for sale there and you'll find some great advice. They are a friendly bunch and know their onions.

Pincher, also thanks for your reply.

Sorry if i seem pushy but viewing an LCR tomorrow so just wanted some opinions.

Just needed some opinioned reasoning to actually commit at this moment in time. This will be my first foray into Seat ownership as previously had VW and Audi. Both i must state having values not above 5K.

Having saved long and hard i feel my hesitancy is somewhat justified. (Every pounds a prisioner syndrome...LOL)

I guarantee that you won't be disappointed - I had a regular Cupra until 6 months ago, when someone on this forum 'made' me buy their R32 smile.gif.

I absolutely loved it - and that only had 180bhp. The R has 25% more power than that!

Mine was Platiunum Grey which is really nice. Red looks good on the R and Black looks really nice when polished up but is a b1tch to keep looking that way. It's also worth noting that the black paint that SEAT (and probably most manufacturers) use is very 'soft' and doesn't carry stonechips well. To compound that, the primer/undercoat that is used is white, so any chips will stand out even more than usual.

As for the yellow - well it's very, erm, yellow isn't it crazy.gif

Good luck with the trip 169144-ok.gif

I was trying to remember when the R switched from 210 to 225 bhp. I think it may be around the MY you are looking at. Worthwhile asking the seller which it is. 210's are generally considered a slightly better engine as the internal's are a bit stronger apparently. However, I wouldn't worry about it too much as the VAG 1.8T engine is relatively bulletproof.

Are you after a standard or modded example? Getting 260 - 270bhp out of it shouldn't be much of a problem without having to make an enormous cash outlay.

Ask about warranty work - coil packs, MAF's (Mass Air Flow sensors) and leaky headlamps are among things that are known to be a problem (although SEAT are now refusing to do the latter under warranty, which I personally think is outrageous as it is obviously a design fault).

Good luck and I fully expect you to be the proud owner of a spangly LCR by this time tomorrow evening 169144-ok.gif

One last thing - you haven't said if your are going private or Dealer. If you are looking privately, don't be surprised if the owner says there is a Forge DV in place. This is probably one of the most common changes made. The stock DV is plastic and pretty prone to failure. The Forge one is billet aluminium and far superior.

They are both 210 bhp. Both 2003 registered.

Didn't know about the coil packs, MAF's (Mass Air Flow sensors) and leaky headlamps are among things that are known to be a problem (although SEAT are now refusing to do the latter under warranty, which I personally think is outrageous as it is obviously a design fault).

Had read about fuse 38 and some having leaky door seals. Once again and finally till tomorrow many many thanks.

Ok......one more cheeky question Pincher

210 bhp LCR reg March to July imac cond, standard 50000 miles 2-3 owners.

What would be an average price to pay for this spec:

8800-9100.....Good haggle and great deal

9100-9500.....average paid for this spec still good

9500-10000....just above average

10000-10500....deal

10500-11000...lucky seller

PM me if you prefer to comment i will keep online with B/Band

Now you've got me!!

I think the VIN number is on a little plaque somewhere around the passenger side of the windscreen. Not sure where the engine number is though. I'll ask on SCN for you and post up when I get a reply.

You should be OK as long as the VIN on the V5 and Service Booklet tie up.

Worthwhile getting it HPI'd while you are there if you are considering driving it home tomorrow. You'll need the VIN and reg number. Costs about £30