Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muppetboy

Love my GTI...

162 posts in this topic

[ QUOTE ]

Cheers Crowdedhouse, thanks Snoopy!

Just went for a quick night drive and the interior looks amazing all lit up!

jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Those red LED downlights in the roof are weird but cool !

Damn mate, that looks bloody awesome!!!

Chuffed for ya in a jealous way wink.gif

Stay safe mate!

Damn that is one sexy car! I wish steel grey was in Australia.

stevie, as if you have anything to jelous about... you only have a few days left! I have as many months left as you have days SAUER0421.GIF

Congratulations MuppetBoy, thats a cracking colour!

I hope you can excuse me jumping on your thread a bit, but here is a piccy of my Shadow Blue picked up at exactly the same time as you yesterday.

Have done around 100 miles in her so far and have loved every second. They really are wicked machines!

Here's to the next few hundred miles muppetboy!

post-13201-137914348526_thumb.jpg

Cheers CFRC! ECLIPSe.gifbeerchug.gif

Love your car! The 18's and Shadow Blue look awesome!

It's strage really, most cars look great in very few colours, but the GTI looks great in most! And this isn't just me being diplomatic wink.gif

by the way anyone able to help with these questions (probably got lost in all my waffling...)

1- Does anyone carry a triangle, if so where do you store it securely?

2- Where do you keep the bolt for the McGard’s? PM me please if you don’t want to post…

ta beerchug.gif

Hiya Muppetboy, nice GTi (love the colour smile.gif) I keep a triangle in the boot at the left-hand side, using the rubber 'band' thats located there. I also use the netting on the parcelshelf to store bits and bobs without them zooming around the boot.

Well done MB, absolutely cracking car! Was wondering how you were getting on, but what with new baby (human, not GTI .. !) have had a few rough nights so have not been on TSN for a couple of days ...

Love that colour - always one of my favs, makes shiny alloys look beaut.

Have I seen that Shadow Blue on 18's the other day?? Might have ...

Have now racked up a mere 200 miles on mine since last week. Also, I wasn't convinced that Autoglym was up to my personal standard, so I've put a coat of Diamondbrite on top and now the Tornado Red is like liquid. Glad I did it, took a while but the gloss is much improved over the dealer Autoglym.

The GTI is a cracking car. Have also had a few speedo-related moments (i.e. doing 90 when I thought I had it set on cruise at 70) but think this is perception based on 90 being in the 12 o'clock position on the dial. Jumping from the Landrover (where 70 is top of the dial) I've been caught out a couple of times ...

Quick question - how do I upload good quality pics!!??? I'm the only one so far not to crack this, just haven't had time to figure it out - can anyone give me a crash course?

Good look with the new motor, MB .. !

[ QUOTE ]

Hiya Muppetboy, nice GTi (love the colour smile.gif) I keep a triangle in the boot at the left-hand side, using the rubber 'band' thats located there. I also use the netting on the parcelshelf to store bits and bobs without them zooming around the boot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers Scott!

I tried the rubber bands but couldn't secure it properly, never thought of the net though, I'll see if I can pop it in there!

thanks beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Have now racked up a mere 200 miles on mine since last week. Also, I wasn't convinced that Autoglym was up to my personal standard, so I've put a coat of Diamondbrite on top and now the Tornado Red is like liquid. Glad I did it, took a while but the gloss is much improved over the dealer Autoglym.

I'm going to give her a wash and polish hopefully tomorrow and I'll try to get a couple of decent photos this time! smashfreakB.gif

Quick question - how do I upload good quality pics!!??? I'm the only one so far not to crack this, just haven't had time to figure it out - can anyone give me a crash course?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take photos with cam, transfer to PC. You'll need an image/photo programme (I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 2, came free with PC) just open up the pics and do "save as", then select JPEG, hit save and it should ask how much compression you'd like- just make sure it's 200k or less. Doing this the files will be small enough to go on TSN without losing out on quality.

Hope this works and we get to see some piccies! 169144-ok.gif

Ta v much - finally got the hang of it and have posted a couple of pics to other replies ..

I like this one of the interior at night, a lot of photos (brochures) don't pick up the right hue of black / grey, so was pleased this comes out exactly as the eye sees it ...

735860-GTIInteriorNight%231.JPG

post-13029-137914348592_thumb.jpg

Mate, WOW! Golfs look damn awesome at night, those blue dials are stunning!

That's put a smile on my face for the rest of the evening smile.gif

Yea agreed, the MKV is a nice place to be at night. Really looks class cool.gif

Last photo for a bit ...

735900-GTI%232.jpg

P.S. - That's Diamondbrite over Autoglym Lifeshine! SMOKE6.GIF

post-13029-137914348603_thumb.jpg

It's a Road Angel 2 (not compact, and it's the er, ahem, illegal one). But I swear I don't brake when the Laser bit fires off a warning .. honest Officer!

Few other snipets.

Parked up in Sainsburys the other day (had to mentally prepare to leave it within 500m of trolleys!), came back and spotted a tatty old Fiesta parked alongside. It was driven by an old couple, and the bloke points to my motor, gives me the thumbs up with a huge grin ... 70 year old petrolheads!

Have also discovered that nothing infuriates van-drivers more than a GTI being driven a fraction under the speed limit. Am sick of the amount of times others have been right up my chuff, must literally be a red flag to a bull scenario .. however, even at sub-4K revs it's a blast leaving them for dead when the humour takes me ...

Great car, definitely better than the A3 ...

If you see the laser warning light up then it's far too late to try slowing down!