Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muppetboy

Love my GTI...

162 posts in this topic

I don't have a photo of my own so I'm doctoring Red's...

What is this thingy? At first I thought it was storage but mine doesn't open...

739160-RoadAngelUpcopy.jpg

post-12993-137914349056_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

ahem, yeah I knew that already I was just testing

[/ QUOTE ]

169144-ok.gif

My Meguire's mitt arrived today, looks good. Will wash her at the weekend and post the verdict!

Thanks to Red and Rayza for suggesting this mitt and for the discount linky... bowdown.gif

TSN rocks! bowdown.gif

....And when you're not washing your car, Meg's Mitt makes a very good cock warmer grin.gif. Where else except on TSN can you pick up tips like that!? Oh, sorry, I got the wrong Meg. Meg Ryan perhaps.

Well after a weeks driving here's a quick update... the car is truly awesome! No complaints so far, in fact I'm even getting used to the hard-to-read speedo which was the only niggle I mentioned in my original post! I've covered almost 600 miles and loved every second! The steering wheel is the dogs bollox and I just love the aluminium pedals! She gets plenty of attention, last Sunday I had a guy stopping the traffic where I live so I could pull out of the side road, I had a Japanese tourist jumping up and down in the back of a black cab pointing her out to his wife, and yesterday I had a kid hanging out the back window of yet another black cab screaming and pointing! Even fuel consumption is good, 30.2 mpg from first (full) tank and the second is set to be better!

I just gave her a wash and polish, here are a couple more photos but again quality is crap frown.gif

742962-GTIrearcopy.jpg

post-12993-137914349601_thumb.jpg

Also noticed a mark on one of the alloys and it wont come off frown.gif

I'm sure it wasn't there when I got her last week but have no idea what it might be?

742969-mark.jpg

post-12993-137914349611_thumb.jpg

Very nice mate but I think someone has vandalised your numberplate... jump.gif169144-ok.gif

No not another update! I posted this in the appropriate forum but the answers were all suggesting devices that shows the CARS current speed...I was hoping you guys might have some ideas!

"I'm totally confused with speed camera locators! I wanted a Road Angel Compact but now from what I understand it doesn't show the current speed limit unless you're in a camera "zone".

Since then I've looked on the web at TDS-TR20/30 and also the RoadPilot range but none seem to have what I'm looking for. So my question is which detector shows the current speed limit regardless of whether there's a camera around?

I'm often unclear of the speed limit on roads and don't want to be caught out!

Cheers beerchug.gif