POLL on Wheels, Gearbox, Trim etc

JonnyGTi

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good poll...

Some limitations for the non-european and Brits in that in some markets the 5 door is the only option and the colours are limited to about 5 (black, white , red, silver and shadow blue). Also, in Australia for example, the Monza wheels are not available in 18" so, that means if you want the car to look its best (in my opinion) you have no choice but to go for the 17"s. The 18" available to us are off a Toureg!

These factors might skew the figures a little in the end.

I'm suprised 3dr/5dr is 50/50. Obviously many people ordered the 5dr for practical reasons, but on looks alone surely the preferred option would be 3dr. No? Oh well...!

Also, amazed to see that Steel Grey is in 3rd place - I've only seen one in that colour!

Oh and good to see that 1/3 of us are happy to admit we prefer the 17's... without considering budget or anything!

[ QUOTE ]

I'm suprised 3dr/5dr is 50/50. Obviously many people ordered the 5dr for practical reasons, but on looks alone surely the preferred option would be 3dr. No? Oh well...!

[/ QUOTE ]

I much prefer the look of the 3dr and am in the lucky position that I don't have any kiddies and rarely have a passenger, let alone 3 passengers. So a 3dr is very practical for me and it's cheaper, bonus 169144-ok.gif

Well thanks to this site, and it might have been you (!), my wife has bought the story that the 3dr is easier to get the kids in and out of. Heheh.

She's demanding a sunroof, however, which is a bummer as I'd rather spend the 400 quid to tile the kitchen floor!

[ QUOTE ]

Also, amazed to see that Steel Grey is in 3rd place - I've only seen one in that colour!

Oh and good to see that 1/3 of us are happy to admit we prefer the 17's... without considering budget or anything!

[/ QUOTE ]

funny that cos all my cars have been three doors and, limited though my reasons for speccing a 5dr Gti are, i felt the car looked (in black (metallic)) better than the 3 dr. There's no accounting for taste is there...

1.gif

On the results so far I'm not surprised about the DSG preference or the cloth/leather balance but was interested to see that 5dr is just as preferable as 3dr.

I suspect there are lots of forum members who don't jump to express their views on this, that or the other but have taken part in this poll so it is perhaps a truer snapshot of actual choices taken by individuals.