UBM

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

739118-DSC02205small.JPG

Very nice indeed 169144-ok.gif You chose well there and a great spec' IIRC? Looks great just washed against the snow, I bet it didn't stay like that for long.............? SAUER0421.GIF

Sorry to bring this up peeps but the Five Arms look fantastic here - I just can't see the 20 spokes (or what ever they are smirk.gif) looking this good on an Avant.

BUB wink.gif

You may have a point there Bub, I think they are more saloon orientated and RS6's for Avants.

As for RS4 pedal set, PM NelsonA4Sline, fast, efficient and friendly service, even when he's ill. 169144-ok.gif

And Milo, the car looks sweet, look forward to seeing at the next meet with tip surgery completed. sekret.gif169144-ok.gif

The blue is also a fantastic colour, possibly my next choice of colour if I can pull myself away from Black or Daytona Grey.

Congrats mate and glad you are enjoying it.

Couple of points:

1- the wheels are the business, especially on Phantom black. Cleaning gets easier with practice but always harder than a 5 or 6 spoker. I use a dedicated mitt and simply jam it between the splines and pull it out over the hub - that claens the spline inners, then do the outer rim inserts seperately (the hardest bit) then the outer rim facings (hard to get the ridge clean). Wax will make them easier to clean. Iwouldn't use any hard solvents - the clearcoat won't last.

2- I have the leather/Nardia two tone and love it - had full black leather on the S3 and find the Nardia (read Alcantara) much warmer and grips better. The Nardia on the wheel and the gearknob feels lovely too. Hope it lasts!

3- the carbon fibre trim looks way better than plain aluminium but that of course is subjective - remember we always like what we have the best.

How do you find the suspension? I think there is a difference between S-Line, S-Line special edition, and DTM with the latter two being very similar?

Cheers

[ QUOTE ]

I left the dealers and went straight to AAS (a custom exhaust manufacturer) to see about getting some cosmetic surgery. I'm just having the tips replaced for the time being and have chosen ones like the DTM's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations Milo - I'm a bit biased but the car looks the business. Could you PM me with details on the exhaust tip mod (Where are AAS?). I'm pretty keen to do it myself.

It's been a week now and 300 miles. I'm very pleased with the total package, but I think the car could use a bit more power. Maybe once the engine gets loosened a bit, we'll see a bit more urge.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I left the dealers and went straight to AAS (a custom exhaust manufacturer) to see about getting some cosmetic surgery. I'm just having the tips replaced for the time being and have chosen ones like the DTM's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations Milo - I'm a bit biased but the car looks the business. Could you PM me with details on the exhaust tip mod (Where are AAS?). I'm pretty keen to do it myself.

It's been a week now and 300 miles. I'm very pleased with the total package, but I think the car could use a bit more power. Maybe once the engine gets loosened a bit, we'll see a bit more urge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lake, you also have PM. Ever considered a cat back exhaust system; a bit more power and better note? sekret.gif

Just a few quick pics to share for those asking about tips and pedals.

RS4 pedals

[image]bdb55aa3.jpg[/image]

Exhaust tips have gone from this...

[image]154fe8a9.jpg[/image]

to this...

[image]S4Pics6a.jpg[/image]

to now this....

[image]747c1c99.jpg[/image]

[image]155ab6e6.jpg[/image]

Audidude:

I love the wheels and they are growing on me all the time. They aren't picking up as much dirt as my old wheels but the cleaning is still going to be fun wink.gif

I test drove a DTM before ordering my car and I found the Nardia wheel and gearknob really comfortable and the Recaros were smlove2.gif

The suspension on the special edition s-line is the same as the normal s-line as far as I'm aware. I think the DTM has a different set up though 169144-ok.gif

Lake_M/MattB:

As it stands, I am getting the tips replaced at a place in Newcastle called AAS where P_G had his new system done.

It will cost around £85/£90 to get them replaced with the same 100mm ones you can see on P_G's pictures. They have to remove the complete system, cut the old tips off, open up the pipes, fit and weld the new tips and then refit the whole system. The tips are £20 each and they reckon about 2 hours labour 169144-ok.gif

Well worth it in my opinion.

The Milltek cat back system is something else I have looked into. AmD are doing free fitting still so it would be around £650 with them. For me though, it's a 520 mile round trip so another £70 for fuel.

I have had another quote of a place in Manchester @ £791 fully fitted and there is a place local to me who have quoted £805 fully fitted.

P_G:

Thanks for the pics, that was super quick 169144-ok.gif

I really could do with seeing your car ASAP as I might have to speak to AAS to discuss things sekret.gif

Milo the car looks great 169144-ok.gif

That's a fantastic price for the 100mm trims, considering the work involved. If I knew of anyone offering the same service down here I'd jump at the chance.

Of course as you've said, there are other ways to get 100mm tailpipes..................

BUB sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

How much did the latter cost you at AAS mate?

[/ QUOTE ]

The tips transplant cost me as much as Milo was quoting in his last post, although mine are stright through tips because of what I had done earlier.

You can get coned and fluted tips exactly like the Milltek ones, essentially they have a shiney bit on the inside of the tip, mine now don't whereas before they did.

[ QUOTE ]

I really could do with seeing your car ASAP as I might have to speak to AAS to discuss things sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll see about dropping by on Sunday as per your PM and you can have a butchers. You'll hear me even further away now than you did before. EEK2.GIF