What colour to get a CSL in...

Woppum

Assembled by the ...  

1. 1. Assembled by the ...

This post is about a couple of things really:

1. Black or steel. I am personally leaning towards the steel at the mo as it is easier to clean, and may look a bit more aggressive with the contrasting carbon fibre, but id like to hear your general opinions...

2. What to look out for? Are there any expensive parts that i can look for tale tale signs of wear. i.e I have heard the front bumper costs £2k!! Do the clutches go early? How can i tell, and so on...

Im really gonna try and look for one with around 10k miles if i can, but i have to check insurance first...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

I like the original wheels, in time id think about a supersprint and AP brakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you actually heard a CSL yet Wopps?

The last thing a CSL needs is a supersprint NONO3.GIF

By 'steel' you mean 'Silver Grey' I suppose znaika.gif

And yes, the AP 6 pot set up is a must, make that your one and only mod, spend the rest on track tuition.

However it will not be as fast as your Golf 0-60mph tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

yeah i dont think the RS4 is quite me yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

.......... and £50k EEK2.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep but will work out the same as the BM is £1k more in company car tax a year!!!

And its 0-30 doofus! The CSL will kick its butt to 60, even though it wont feel like it tongue.gif

Ive driven 3 now... I thought, yes its loud, but mostly induction noise... The metallic rasp from the pipes i thought could do with being a little bossier.. But your right i probably shouldn't bother... Ap's are a must for track work, but are expensive, over 3k for the set, so id ease in to that...

Still undecided though. You will all know when i have fully made up my mind...

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Ap's are a must for track work, but are expensive, over 3k for the set

[/ QUOTE ]

Wopps - unless you are gonna track the CSL (does not include retails parks, high streets or traffic lights), forget AP's all around, get AP's only for the front.

Costs vary from £1500 - £1800 fully fitted

Even better still, upgrade only the pads first of all, perfect for you (as you probably will not be tracking it) for £125 you can have my Pagid Orange pads.

If the pads are not man enough, then spend big bucks.

Easier the pad route first. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Ap's are a must for track work, but are expensive, over 3k for the set

[/ QUOTE ]

Wopps - unless you are gonna track the CSL (does not include retails parks, high streets or traffic lights), forget AP's all around, get AP's only for the front.

Costs vary from £1500 - £1800 fully fitted

Even better still, upgrade only the pads first of all, perfect for you (as you probably will not be tracking it) for £125 you can have my Pagid Orange pads.

If the pads are not man enough, then spend big bucks.

Easier the pad route first. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Will take that in to account, thanks. I think i'll probably stick with AMD as i know them. But first i'll see what they charge beerchug.gif

Wopps - just my thoughts...

1) Silver Grey everytime IMO for the CSL.

2) Having spent a day at Castle Combe with the boys from BM3W (13 CSLs that day !) I have to admit that the supersprint exhaust sounds absolutely fabulous and I'd certainly consider it, howevever from stock the car sounds awesome and it wouldn't be a priority...

3)As Pete says the brakes are the 1st upgrade req'd IMO. I'm not quite sure what's happened with Birds Auto, but for anything BMW I'd be inclined to take my car there before AMD...

4) You simply have to have the CSL alloys - they are gorgeous and look much better than the M3 alloys IMO!

Whatever you do, you HAVE to get the car on the track to really appreciate how good it is ECLIPSe.gif

Good luck in your search for one 169144-ok.gif

JT

Yeah black i like alot, it looks great when its clean, but 90% of the time it wont be! I love the contrast with the roof on the steel (im gonna call it that).

Getting a little excited now, but im gonna keep a clear head and ponder this decision...