###URGENT### 97 Polo 1.4 16v rocker cover gasket

martin9aj

Hey

Ok, so I have just discovered that I have a small oil leak coming from the rocker / cam cover gasket, not the worst place but still a leak!

The problem is I have a 1997 Polo 1.4 16v AFH engine! and you cant buy a gasket seperate, meaning you have to buy the WHOLE cylinder head cover which includes the gasket...we`re talking £130 from VW! What a rip off! I only need the gasket which is probably worth £2!!!

Ive tried GSF / EURO / ALLPARTS and the usual others but none can supply the rocker cover gasket alone AND it DOESNT come in with a head gasket set just to make things worse

Where can i get a gasket for this???

Anyone got a new one spare???

Any ideas???

ANYONE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM???

Thanks

[ QUOTE ]

I'd use some blue hylomar sealant rather than silicone.

It's designed for gaskets and stuff although I'd double check using it with rubber although I would imagine it would be alright.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hylomar is non setting and would be no good for this.

[ QUOTE ]

I cant really tell as i havent taken cover off but it is coming from the very left hand corner as you look at it

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the humps where the camshafts are. These parts have silcone sealer in the corners from the factory. just remove the cover clean the seal and the face of the head, use a High temp silcome sealer.

Put a very thin film all the way round a small blob on any corners. That should cure it.

Just make sure the oil breather system is clear as this can create oil leaks if blocked. 169144-ok.gif