Riz, whats news!!???

Ari

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Sold the flat? Ordered the car? Built the garage? What colour, what spec, whens it due, whats the story so far..?? laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Ello there... tongue.gif Got a offer on the flat which im considering, first viewer, so going to hold out and wait until more view it.

Car has been ordered since just over a month ago.

Build Week 17 - May, so should make it here way before the 1st of September.

Audi RS4 quattro - 56 reg - ETA September 2006

Sprint Blue, pearl effect

RS4 Bucket seats - Valcona Leather - QM

RS4 Carbon fibre inlays

Front centre armrest

Options:-

Sports suspension plus

Technology pack

Auto-dimming rear view mirror

Automatic air re-circulation

Automatically opening boot lid

Electric slide-and-tilt glass sunroof

RS4 Floor Mats

Im so excited!

Riz smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Options:-

Sports suspension plus

Technology pack

Auto-dimming rear view mirror

Automatic air re-circulation

Automatically opening boot lid

Electric slide-and-tilt glass sunroof

RS4 Floor Mats

[/ QUOTE ]

An auto-dimming RVM is an option??? EEK2.GIF

Jeez, they really do take you for every penny don't they?

From what I have been told the RS4`s take 1 month to be hand assembled then a further 3 weeks for QA, but that could take 4 weeks if production is behind.

Auto-Dimming mirror option comes with home light funtion, auto wipers, auto headlights etc.

If the car arrives a month early I will wait until the new 56 reg plate.... I have bought the car on the understanding that I will take delivery on or the day before the 1st of September.

Im soooooo excited, over 700mb of RS4 video clips and tons of reviews isnt helping me calm down either frown.gif

Riz grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

From what I have been told the RS4`s take 1 month to be hand assembled then a further 3 weeks for QA, but that could take 4 weeks if production is behind.

Auto-Dimming mirror option comes with home light funtion, auto wipers, auto headlights etc.

If the car arrives a month early I will wait until the new 56 reg plate.... I have bought the car on the understanding that I will take delivery on or the day before the 1st of September.

Im soooooo excited, over 700mb of RS4 video clips and tons of reviews isnt helping me calm down either frown.gif

Riz grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure about that Riz ?

Most premium performance cars are not hand made at all (aside from some pre made components) and they only take a week or two at most to build, then 1 week to be transported.

4 weeks sounds like BS to me and your RS4 will be ready end of May/beginning of June.

Rs models are slightly different.. they arn't 'hand built' and start on the same production line as every other A4. They are taken off the production line, towards the end and transferred to a seperate building where the RS 'magic' is applied.

Well I have a tracking number for my car so can keep up to date and find out what stage my car is on the production line, will make a choice closer to the time and will have to consult the dealership in regards to having my car on a 56 plate as I requested when I put my order in.

Riz smile.gif

Forgot to add, they are hand assembled as I said in my post.... i.e. most of the hardward is produced by machines but put together by hand and hand checked for quality.....

I was told it takes a month to build a car by a Audi source, not my supplying dealership... will keep it in mind and ask the dealership when I can expect my car.... if its way before september +1 month I will have words and see if we can come to some arrangement. wink.gif

Riz smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Forgot to add, they are hand assembled as I said in my post.... i.e. most of the hardward is produced by machines but put together by hand and hand checked for quality.....

[/ QUOTE ]

In a minute it won't even be based on the humble A4! ROLLEY~14.GIFgrin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In a minute it won't even be based on the humble A4! ROLLEY~14.GIFgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Well actually the only body panels which are shared with the A/S4 are the doors and roof panel... are the rest are individual to the RS4 jump.gif honest.

Riz wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well actually the only body panels which are shared with the A/S4 are the doors and roof panel... are the rest are individual to the RS4 honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, probably the only reused panel is the front door - the roof and bonnet are aluminium on the new RS4 and the rear doors will be unique also due to the size of the rear arches. Keep up Riz!