[Audi A2] Which Sat nav

Santfekuss

Mk V R32 or 130i  

1. 1. Mk V R32 or 130i

Jim what model is your A4, a B5 or B6?

If it is B6 then dash conversion is simple.

RNS-E also fairly easy to do on a B6 chassis, but I'm guessing as you have a chorus your car may be a B5 chassis.

Craig

[ QUOTE ]

Hi there !!!!!!

I'm new to this site and have been reading your useful info.

Can you help me at all???

I have an A4 TDi 130SE 2001

Currently there's a chorus cassete head unit and a 6 disk changer in the glove box.

I'd like to keep the changer and retro fit satnav.

Where do I start?

Will the RNS-E navplus fit with a new double din?

I've tried to find tips on fitting instructions on various sites but no joy as yet!!!

Look forward toyour reply....

JIM

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Jim what model is your A4, a B5 or B6?

If it is B6 then dash conversion is simple.

RNS-E also fairly easy to do on a B6 chassis, but I'm guessing as you have a chorus your car may be a B5 chassis.

Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Craig, the last of the B5's were 115ps so it sounds like a B6 to me. Also the last SE B5 A4's came with Symphony I head units.

Craig, don't you just need a double din cage to replace the single and then modify the climate panel to suit? The wiring side of it doesn't bother me (I work for Jaguar/Landrover in electrical - easy!!!!:-) I've seen RNS-E units for £600 ish on German web sites. Not bad I thought!

I've only got the standard Audi audio, not Bose. It sounds quite good tho. Will I improve the sound a SatNav unit or will it remain the same?

Jim

You can just do the cage, but you will have a gap between your ashtray and climate control. The gap is large enough to lose things behind, like keys, slim wallets, credit cards etc. Most annoying as its a removal of teh console to retrieve them. For the sake of £80 and a bit more work its worth swapping the ashtray and cover as well.

I always swap them for my customers.

Craig