Roof Radio Antenna

aditz

I would gaather that the roof lining would have to come off to access the underside of the antenna. you would then have to trace the cable (if u need to replace that as well), replacement should be easy enough, I have done it in other cars like Pugs, BMWs didnt find any complications. although I have to admit the radio signal is not as sharpe as I would have hoped for.

Yeah the roof lining I’m worried about. Nothing wrong with the signal it's just that the rubber around the antenna it a bit dry and cracked and it worries me that water will make its way thru at some point. Not really looking forward to undo the roof lining.

Cheers! coffee.gif

If you pull down the o/s/r or n/s/r door seal at the top of the seal, remove/pull away the b pillar trim you can the get your hand into the the area around the nut that holds the antenna in, you will need a 22mm spanner to loosen the antenna.

Watch out because the wiring can be a bit tricky to disconnect

Another idea maybe, i had the same problem with my 99 passat but my rubber seal had actually perished, instead of replacing it the guy who fit my after market system simply cleaned it up with an alchol solution and put a thick bead of black rubber sealant around it. I know this sounds 'billy bodge job' but i can say honestly it looked just fine, totally stock standard, he did a really good job.

• 2 months later...

Aditz, did you have any luck with the aerial? Whilst washing the car yesterday, I noticed the base of the aerial has deteriorated so badly, it has cracked in two places. Just worried about water getting in.

Did you end up removing the interior lining? I had a quick peek, and it doesn't look much fun smashfreakB.gif