Remote key fob not working.

Sponge

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sponge, you might need to reset the key. I think there's an obscure paragraph in the manual about that, where the car battery is changed/flat... SOmething about starting the car and then pressing the unlock button on the fob. Not too sure, but i have a vague recollection that you can do it that way. Otherwise, you'll have to carry on doing it manually and speak to the stealer

[ QUOTE ]

get it changed. this is a manufacturing fault and they really should have recalled all the key fobs, but audi dealers were only told to change thos key fobs of customers who had problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't put it quite like that. Its whats known as a 'Workshop Campaign'. The cars are worked on as and when they come into Centres and if the Customer reports a problem. A recall is issued if the fault is serious or life threatening, a remote not working is hardly the end of the world.

Sponge - put key in ignition. Turn to position 2 and leave for at least five seconds. Key will now be re-coded.

Have you collected your new B7 keys? It is a known fault. call you stealer and arrange to have some new keys made. Usually takes 7 days!

page 58 in the owners manual

-if the vehicle is locked,use the key to unlock the door

-press the unlock button on the remote control

-insert the key into the ignition and switch on the ignition

-switch off the ignition and remove key

-press the unlock or lock button.

it should now be re-synchronised confused.gif

Booked into Liverpool Audi. They want to see it first and the first available slot is 31st March! ROLLEY~14.GIF

They say it's a 'while you wait' job, as long as we get it there first thing, i.e. 0830. They wouldn't/couldn't comment on the need for a courtesy car. However, how many people do they tell to come 'first thing'? If there's half a dozen people there already, I'm not fecking waiting! SAUER0421.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

Booked into Liverpool Audi. They want to see it first and the first available slot is 31st March! ROLLEY~14.GIF

They say it's a 'while you wait' job, as long as we get it there first thing, i.e. 0830. They wouldn't/couldn't comment on the need for a courtesy car. However, how many people do they tell to come 'first thing'? If there's half a dozen people there already, I'm not fecking waiting! SAUER0421.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the new keys normally take about 7 days to arrive, don't see how it can be a "while you wait" job?

Them checking that the keys are faulty could be a "while you wait", but I wouldn't expect to come away on 31st with the problem fixed...

Interesting. coffee.gif

I'm at work at the moment and a complete coward when it comes to making phone calls UHOH7.GIF, so I've asked the missus to give the dealer a call. grin.gif (She works in Telesales, so knows how to deal with people on the phone.)

She's going to tell them the wait is too long, only for them to confirm what we already know, i.e. the keys don't work, and have to wait another week for the replacements.

If she has no joy, we'll contact Chester Audi (where we actually got the car) and see if they're more helpful. But this might be the more expensive option, as we'll have to visit the shopping centre while we're there. smile.gif

I knew there was a reason we didn't buy the car from Lancaster Audi Liverpool!

My wife couldn't get past the girl on reception. She wouldn't let her speak to the Service Dept. as they were 'too busy'. Took our details, but couldn't guarantee they'd return our call any time soon.

They obviously haven't heard of the terms 'Customer Service' or 'Multi-tasking'!

SAUER0421.GIF Makes my blood boil. I blame the Government! ices_blah.gif

No return call, so we called them. They won't order new keys.

He said he has to reprogramme the keys at the dealership, using a code direct from the manufacturers via the internet. When informed we had already reprogrammed them via the car when it last happened and asked what the difference was, he mumbled and blurted out, 'It's procedure.' smashfreakB.gif

He's kept the appointment on the 31st open, but has managed to squeeze us in on Monday morning. ROLLEY~14.GIF

I hope this isn't going to turn into a battle. UHOH7.GIF

Update:

I waited for an hour while they reprogrammed both keys. As he returned them to me he informed me there is a recall on these keys.

'Yes, I know. We did mention this when we made the appointment.' I said.

He didn't acknowledge my reply, but went on to say the recall isn't listed for my vehicle. EEK2.GIF However, they are going to order new keys anyway (isn't that nice of them? ROLLEY~14.GIF) and it will take approximately 10 days. Another appointment was made for the 10th April.

To add insult to injury, now only one of the keys works and whatever they did reset my trip meter, so I can't work out my mpg on this tank anymore. openfire.gif

If they'd only listened when we first called them and ordered the keys at the time, it could've all been sorted by now! SAUER0421.GIF

Unfortunately, I now have to call them back to reschedule as I forgot it's my first wedding anniversary that weekend and we're away. slap.gif

Edit: One nice thing from all of this was I got to see an RS4 in the flesh! 123576-assfeck.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Ever get the feeling you're talking to yourself. wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it's too mundane an issue for all the TSN blingers. SLEEP5.GIF Anyway, talking to myself is the only way to get a decent conversation around here. ROLLEY~14.GIF

There's definitely something wrong with the entry system. This afternoon the working key would open and close the car; the hazards would flash on opening, but not on closing. The little LED on the drivers door also didn't work. The car locked, but I did wonder if the security system was activated.

Then later on in the night it was back to normal.

• 4 weeks later...

I got to the dealers for 0820 this morning expecting to collect the new keys, but ohhhhhh noooooooo! That would be too easy.

Their computer system is down and after taking 40 minutes to find the paperwork, he then told me he couldn't do the key swap - something about waiting for the guy that does the keys and not wanting to start it until he has them in his hand. (I guess that bit means he couldn't find them.) He said he'd call me later today when they're ready. I asked for a courtesy car so I could just leave them with him, but he said he didn't have any spare. This was the service manager too. He was very polite with it, but it still doesn't make up for the fact they have messed me about something stupid. If they'd just listened to me when I first called them, over a month ago, and ordered the new keys, the whole thing could have been sorted with one visit. But no! They have to follow their procedures, which means over a month of waiting and countless visits!