Remote key fob not working.

Sponge

[ QUOTE ]

The question now is, how long do I give them to call me? crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't wait for them to call you,if they are anything like my local dealer. I waited, and waited, then forgot about it, waited some more and eventually had them done at the first service some 10 months after they said, 'we will call you when they arrive'

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my local stealer it's not a coding issue, it's a problem with the contacts inside the fob - apparently there is a recall on some 2005 cars but not all. Mine wasn't on the list but having had keys recoded once and then both keys sometimes working, sometimes not, they've ordered some new ones. They said they'd given me new ones last time at the previous dealers - but they lied. Bah.

Still no keys. They said something about a new system being installed yesterday. dung.gif

I'm seriously considering telling them where to shove their keys and give Chester a call. They may know what they're doing. crazy.gif

I hope someone at Audi reads this. IT'S BEEN OVER A MONTH NOW!!!! SAUER0421.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

Still no keys. They said something about a new system being installed yesterday. dung.gif

I'm seriously considering telling them where to shove their keys and give Chester a call. They may know what they're doing. crazy.gif

I hope someone at Audi reads this. IT'S BEEN OVER A MONTH NOW!!!! SAUER0421.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Chester have given me nothing but 5 star service, switch 169144-ok.gif

• 2 weeks later...

We had a call from Liverpool Audi last week while we were in Cornwall, they have the keys.

We called them this morning and managed to bump up the appointment from Friday to Thursday. They acted as if they were doing us a favour!

This thread was started on the 19th March. Best part of 2 months to get a replacement set of keys. SAUER0421.GIF

Not wishing to add insult to injury grin.gifbut, Chester Audi did mine last week. Usual fuss free affair. Told them when it went in for it's first AVS, they ordered the keys, rang me when they were in, booked me in and did the job whilst 'er indoors nipped across to Next.

Job done in about an hour and a quarter.

You need to switch dealer ! 169144-ok.gif