Starting Problems

Waitey

If the 1.8T is the same as the 1.8, then it will be on the right hand side of the rear of the engine, next to the firewall. Underneath the coolant expansion tank. Some models have 2 sensors, one blue and one green. Make sure you get the right part as the colours are different depending on which year manufacture you have.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, no problem with meeting you near Brians, its very good (been to it a few times!! laugh.gif)

Any evening next week? You have any nights you are busy? I need to book in work and find a day with a good time (home) to come up. Dont want to be too late, will you need a tow home when "we've" blown the ECU up blush.gifgrin.gif

Wobby any night except friday as i have football training.

Just let me know when and what time and i will meet you at Bryans fsh and chip shop. We wont need a tow rope just a can of petrol and a match. yelrotflmao.gif

Silver VW, thanks for reply, i have taken picture of where you said, but it appears i have both blue and green, does this mean i will have to replace both if that is the problem? beerchug.gif

post-9009-1379143513_thumb.jpg

Theres probably easier ways, but this is how i did it!

Attach the picture as you did and submit it to forum.

Go into post and open attachment and copy details in address bar.

Edit post and add image, copy previous address bar details to identify picture.

then submit to forum.

There you have it!!!! (if i remembered it right )

[ QUOTE ]

Cheers durrsaku, are you going to let me into the secret wink.gif.

I tried cut and pasting it but with no joy. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry i didn't mean to keep it a secret just was on hte hurry this morning. Yes, upload the picture as an attachment, then go back to it right clickon the pic anf select properties, then highlight and copy picture location, go back to your post and click edit, click image then paste the address on the box, then continue posting. You can preview your post to make sure it is working. 169144-ok.gif

Referring to the picture above, just looked thru the VW Passat Haynes manual 1996 - 2000, and they sho the Coolant Temperature Sensor right at the back of the engine 4th cylinder under the Air Duct.

I have attached a picture to this post look fot nuber 4 on the picture.

I need to replace the sensor too, just want to make sure that I'm replacing the right one. laugh.gif

Cheers!

759058-S3500022.GIF

post-5994-137914351711_thumb.gif

Think i have found the right part, right where aditz & aaabbb said. Please tell me im right 169144-ok.gif

Only as attachment again, still cant put in body of post fekr.gif.

SK Say:

MAke your post then edit it, view your attatchment and copy the URL you see, then go back, click image and enter the image URL and you should get this:

763140-ProperTempSensor.JPG

post-9009-137914352225_thumb.jpg

I met up with Wobby tonight and he hooked up his VAG-Com to my car to check if there is a fault with my temp sensor and it came up with 2 fault codes as follows:

16500- coolant sensor (g 62) implausable signal

P0116-35-10 intermittent

and

18010- Power supply terminal 30 volt too low

P1602-35-10 intermittent

Now if it had only brought up the first code i would just change the sensor, but the second one got us thinking it might be an electrical fault.

I will also post this on the VAG-COM forum but thought some of you guys might have an idea.

Thanks again Wobby you are a top fella. 169144-ok.gif

I hope Mrs. Wobby wasnt too bored jump.gif