AMD reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golfer

Just got a reply from AMD with regards a remap for a A8 4.2TDI, and the reply said quote:"there are two ecu's for the car!!!!!! and you can't use the OBD port!!!!!!! and it needs a SOLDERED chip putting in". What F**king bollocks. use them at your peril. confused.gifsuicide.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure about the soldering side, its not my forte

but sometimes (may or maynot be relevant to you) there gearbox ecu needs chipping as well.

hence two ecus.

1 x car ecu

1 x gearbox ecu

if it was a straight manual , then i guess this isnt the case.

Just a personal opinion but I would be heading for MRC Tuning if I was looking for a remap, the customers testimonials on this site as well as RS246, S2 forum, etc, etc all suggest that they know what they are doing, customer service is good, they are cheaper than most other tuners and they will do complete custom remaps, none of this two run rubbish.

[ QUOTE ]

AMD - complete and utter waste of time IMHO (In My Honest Opinion), since Scott left and started the exodus of every single member of staff with any skill it just hasnt been the same. Plus members of their family sell Passats.

As for APS - been giving me a quote for a new engine for a few days - those guys dont rush to help a new customer.......

[/ QUOTE ]

That would explain why i've not heard back from them yet!

I want them to do an independent survey of my brake upgrade to see who's to blame for the faults: AmD or Audi fekr.gif

If what's said about AmD is true (and judging by my last visit i tend to agree) then i may as well send the business APS's way anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

is that the same ed that was at amd ?? who has left there now ? cos i must admit they have been shocking recently

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is the same Ed !

[/ QUOTE ]

The tall guy with glasses that used to work behind the desk mostly, he was a really nice guy... frown.gif