Euro Bel 550 Radar Detector

SteveCab

Been using one for about 9 months now.

Its the only radar scanner/laser detector ive ever used, but from other reviews it appears to be one of the best.

Has 3 settings for sensitivity, city, Motorway and City All

Motorway should be used for all open road and where there are no buildings around.

City Should be used for built up areas and city all for major cities.

I usually leave it in Motorway though, you do get a bit of interference sometimes from sliding doors at petrol stations setting off K Band alerts, but on the whole its very good.

Approacing a speed camera "GATSO" from behind, the detector will start going off (if the camera is on) from about 5 to 15 seconds before depending on speed.

It then goes like crazy as you pass it - saved me from fines many a time.

However i find the best thing about it is it basically tells you if the camera is on or not as its so accurate it will never go off on a turned off camera so you can race passed one at umm...the speed limit without fear of a fine!

Also comes with about 8 different countries settings built in, so that when driving through Europe it will adjust to different country camera types.

Comes with dash mount or window suckers (i use these), leather case and 2 cables for plugging into cigar lighter socket using a curly cord or a straight wire - about 2 metres long - i however have had mine hard wired to the cars electrics so i have no cigar lighter connection smile.gif

scanner.jpg

550.gif

if you want to buy one im doing a group buy in the General Market Place smile.gif

• 1 month later...