Should I get some CONTINENTAL - SPORT CONTACT 2

okeycokey

I need to get 4 new tyres for my R, got about 4mm left on them but am noticing the lack of grip in some situations.

I've currently got Michellin Pilot Sport 2 extra loads all round. I've had a look on a few sites and at prices and think I'm gonna buy some CONTINENTAL - SPORT CONTACT 2 extra loads rated at Z. Got a price of £540 inclusive of VAT and fully fitted.

Before I buy them just thought i'd check with you guys that there aren't any horror stories about them and that there aren't any better ones out there.

Any comments would be welcomed 169144-ok.gif

I still really can't make up my mind what to put on at the moment...

The PS2's seem to come out quite expensive. I've got a price of 490 fitted on the GSDs which are more than tempting...

Not really heard much about the SC2s....how do they compare to the others in your opinion Tom?

b0b

I do like the F1 Eagles, had them on my V6 4 motion. May be an option.

The guy at my local garage said he did a track day in a GT3 with the Continentals and they stuck to the track like glue.

How about some of the lesser known like Avon ZZ3's or even some of those TOYO Proxes T1-R?

PS2s are very popular on the TT, I also drove an S4 with Eagle F1s on the other day and they were excellent.

Avons I would avoid in all honesty although some people do rate them, I have Toyos on my little MX-5 - fabulous grippy tyre and only 44 quid each so do the job superbly 169144-ok.gif - but I wouldn't put them on the TT probably.

No way. I think the Conti's are rubbish IMO, seemed to only last about 10k with the MPS lasting about 16k and handled a lot better in the wet. I feel as though I aquaplane in the conti's every time it rains heavy here (and recently thats been a lot), however, credit where credits due, they coped very well in the snow the other week. I think with punctures, you guys have just been unlucky....it's nothing to do with the tyres.

[ QUOTE ]

Do you think I might get some money for my old tyres? 4x mps2's with about 4 mm on them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be seriously interested in taking those off your hands to keep me going for a bit. I live near Gatwick so collection from you would be no problem. Let me know what you decide.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Do you think I might get some money for my old tyres? 4x mps2's with about 4 mm on them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be seriously interested in taking those off your hands to keep me going for a bit. I live near Gatwick so collection from you would be no problem. Let me know what you decide.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not interested in all 4 I'd certainly be interested in taking 2? (and I too live in the London area)

169144-ok.gif