My mates STI Prodrive.....

fatcat

Mate of mine has lived and breathed Impreza's since they first come out, we both owned a WRX, he then went onto a P1, then the RB5 and has gone onto the new Sti, got fed up with that and has just upgraded to the FULL prodrive package, some 300bhp+.

We went out for a spin last night, the first thing is the ride - very hard indeedy, not for the long distance driver (ie - me.

The sound was fecking awesome, it even made a few OAPS grin....,the brakes were unbeatable and the acceleration ( car had only 3k on the clock)was awesome.

He is planning to bring it along to the next track day we have, where hopefully it can be put well and truly through it's paces.

I did want a P1 as a weekend runaround, but I've changed my mind now......... beerchug.gif

This is the big plan............

Keep the ol gal for the time being....... after all, she still starts !

Jane at the mo has a company car (my company & her car), another polo (Zzzzzzzzz), the idea being get shot of that and get either a vgc P1 or if I find one, an EVO2 intagrale.

Jane would be driving the car most of he time, but only to the office and back, and she actually enjoys the Scoobies driving style......

We are looking for a 'grale, I've seen a couple, but all 'so so' condition.

The problem is also finding a 'genuine' P1 that you can trust.

Failing either of those two within the next 2-3 months, she will be pottering abou in a MX5, a friend has one and I quite like it............ smashfreakB.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

hey can you subby drivers answer me this question... why do you always slow down when racing a boxster at around 125. Now its not just a one off, because a few subbys i have raced on the motorway dont go any fast than 125. My boxster is tuned up to 167 i havent a clue what horsepower it is, but its fast. Now what you not telling the world... Also something i want to know, whats the top speed in third gear. I would however choose your car compared to a honda r type!

not trying to be funny or anything because your ok, but it must be the drivers that try and race me, but i hear so much about the STI and yet it will not keep up to my boxster on country roads or motorways, and my boxster is a 2.5 but very very fast! NO TURBO! THO..

I like the sound at lights off a subby or skyline when the mini race starts but then the good old boxster thrust kicks in OHHHHH you gotta love that thrust!

?, don't know what type of Subaru's you are refering to but mine will demolish Boxter S's so I don't see that a 2.5 would get a look in.

Any impreaza with 280+ will destroy a standard Boxster so my explanation is that you are racing, they most definately are not.

The plain facts are that unfortunatley the 2.5 Boxster is not particularly quick, the average STi on the othar hand, is.

noone taking the bite?

jump.gif

no mate, the reason is that a scooby's boost is taken away at +200, that is if it's not tuned,

if it's tuned most/all the time this setting is overwritten

I can tell you they are quick, i've tested it numerous times in my 911 4S against my friends Subaru GTT (tuned)

and he stayed with me up to 180 km/h only then the 911 came into it's own league and went away from it.

But i doubt a boxie (being a 2.5) will do the same

I bought a subaru wagon (estate) and I can tell you that even in stnd form it'll kill a boxie, that is to 200km/h

but tune it and it'll kill a boxie to +240km/h

and never forget scooby's are built as bricks!!!

airflow!!!

[ QUOTE ]

but i hear so much about the STI and yet it will not keep up to my boxster on country roads or motorways, and my boxster is a 2.5 but very very fast! NO TURBO! THO

[/ QUOTE ]

prolly a bad driver, cause after taking my scoob on the track this friday i'm confident not alot of things will follow it.

this one is completely upgraded for trackwork

suspension, brakes, turbo, exhaust,...gearbox is comming in soon

and it's fast, it's fecking fast!!!

even doubt it if a 911 turbo will follow this beast

to give you an idea:

I can't open throttle in 1st or 2nd as it'll kill the current gearbox cause of the high BHP, so i took it easy out of every corner.

there was a M3 waiting before the chicane that leads to the main straight, the minute i arrived at it's tail he booted it hard. I followed thru the chicane, going slowly on the power, he kept booting it, then i nailed 3rd and slammed full power on, by the mid of the straight i was right up it's ass ready to overtake it. notworthy.gif

and i've been in a couple of cars and owned a few aswell, but this scooby is now in the league of the scaring ones.

and that's on roadtyres, i'm already smiling knowing next time there will be slick on it.

full report coming soon

dude if you believe that, you believe anything!

A boxster is a porsche, a subby is a farmers car! just because your engine has been played about with doesnt mean you have a great car. You have a boy racers dream car thats all! You get what you pay for!

My boxster is a 2.5 but very very quick. You need to be in a boxster to understand it. Look around how many times have you heard the subby getting slagged off on t.v and how many bad reports have you heard about the boxster??? yes exactly!

Now BHP isnt always an issue, dont think you have a high bhp you can beat cars with lower bhp. areo comes into it. We dont need to do anything to a boxster as its £36,000 for what you want, A sweet ride!

Just because a 1989 nissan sunny that costs about the price of a tank of petrol can beat a ferrari 360 when nitro is added doesnt mean its a better car!

Now i know what people would much rather have! A porsche boxster or a subby errrrrrr hard question!

Sure the repair bills are alot higher but nothing really goes wrong with a porsche. I have had porsches all my life and i wouldnt ever get another make, I mean if i gave my boxster to ruf for a few weeks i know it would come back with 400 BHP + but why buy a car to change it for? Besides not only can you not keep up to me at high speed, but even a mini cooper can beat you. You arnt supposed to go fast your car cant handle it as your piston blows! My mate took his car back when he knew this ... He loved his sti and he said to the salesman ... ITS EMBASSING!

FIREdevil.gif

Don't bother rising to this boys, it's obviously a wind up, and if it isn't, I feel very, very sorry for you in that you obviously know NOTHING about cars.

I can also tell you that if you actually DROVE a tricked out impreza you would be absolutley, completely blown away by it, believe me!

porka lova lova, your living in a dream land mate...

A bloody boxster is DE-TUNED so it does not effect the 996 sales. If i said ohhhh i will tune my car up i would sound as silly as you.

You buy a 996 to race, you buy a boxster because its fantastic! For god sake mate subby didnt only started doing things to the car when they won the rally.

As i have explained in my last post.

The only way you can compare your car is when you keep saying i will tune this up and will tune that up.

Lokk at the price tag! I can buy 7 subby imprezas for the price of my boxster new.

I have a 911 also and to be honest i am getting a little sick of it, its old and dated and doesnt seem to get the looks anymore. Its a nice car and quick but old. forsale at £19,000 very good condition.

Now back to the boxster. I cant explain anymore as its quite clear i am in a subby forum. So i will leave you with your subbys.

I dont know!

yeah boys, this is an windup for sure, the boy clearly doesn't know and is talking complete shits......

your seem to be the type of guy that gives all porker owners a bad name!!!

Cause you don't buy it cause it's a great car or what it can do you buy it for just one thing, and you said it yourself

[ QUOTE ]

doesnt seem to get the looks anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

ffs, don't think cause you own a boxie it makes you DA MAN!!!

We're all equal on here so i don't care if you own a Porsche or a Mini or a Skoda, we treat each other with repect in here!!

and on another note, your on an official warning, cool it down, leave all the other members in their dignity and be nice, that's the only way you're welcome in here, we don't diss each other, we talk and discuss, we don't all have to agree, but i don't make fun of your hairdressers poor mans excuse for a porsche and you don't make fun of my farmer-tractor lookalike subaru, let's all play along!!!

znaika.gif

yep, mate, that sure is you

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?f=48&h=0&t=79744

the word "embassing" did you over mate, used it on here and now on there. Not hard spotting a 14year old on 2 forums pretending to own a boxster

sad Ron, very sad SLEEP5.GIF

and I thought your porker was top quality??

is that why you're already having to have the leather refitted??

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?f=48&h=0&t=79541

ohh...and wasn't it you that said, you pay alittle extra but you get a better car for it...seems like you're bit tight mate?

and yes, you do start to sound like me on the tuning bit, only difference is that i don't talk/brag about it, but i just go ahead and do it!!

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?f=48&h=0&t=78948

specially this bit made me laugh

[ QUOTE ]

hi, I have a boxster 2.5 and i do find it very quick. I havent a clue what brake horse power it is but it seems to be pretty good on take off and at high speeds. I have had 141 but wouldnt dare go any faster as that was too fast for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

on here

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?f=48&h=0&t=43381

you do sound like an idiot over there aswell mate, maybe it's just your genes

[ QUOTE ]

specially this bit made me laugh

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi, I have a boxster 2.5 and i do find it very quick. I havent a clue what brake horse power it is but it seems to be pretty good on take off and at high speeds. I have had 141 but wouldnt dare go any faster as that was too fast for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

jump.gifjump.gif @ Blue beerchug.gif

and this message goes out to all the new users on here:

you're more than welcome and normally you'll fit right into this fun bunch of members

BUT, don't come one here dissing everyone and stirring [censored], just for the fun of it.

Respect is still a big word on here, that doesn't mean you can't make fun here or laugh or tease someone, but as long as you respect the other person aswell it's all ok.

the staff won't tolerate a bunch of twats on here!!

(not our style)

beerchug.gif

and to porscheboxster: try to be nice or just go away.

if you're here to diss ppl then please move on, and choose another board, if you're here to have fun and post about cars in a respectfull manor, please join.

HAVE FUN!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

FATCAT,

This mate of yours does he live in the south west by any chance, theres a fella my mate knows who has spent an arm and a leg on his scooby engine and brakes and is now pushing 420-480 apparenly on a fuel additive aswell, is this the same fella.

Ive been warned to let him pass if comes up in the mirror cause this thing is like a bullet apparently, and my poor old R32 doesnt even come close, and i gave it a hefty welly with my mate on board aswell, ??

confused.gif