17"s Monzas

sparkzz

Hi all,

just a quickkie.. i am just about to change my wheels as i fancy something different.. but what do you think about the 17"'s?

shall i keep them for when i sell the car?.. will this make it easy to get rid of it when the time comes.. or to sell them now and sell the car with the new rims when i change car.

How much would 4 17" monzas go for with Contin. sport contact 2, in great condition with lots of tread.

Some thought would be very much appricated.

cheers

sparkzz

If you can finance to keep the 17"s do so!

Use the 17"s for the winter and your "hotter" ones for the summer, they you will make sure both are maintained. The monza shape lends itself to easy cleaning, perfect for the winter when you don't get the chance to clean them.

However, as above, they will fetch a pretty penny!

How about some RS4 (new) replicas in 18"? they could look nice!

@ Oxford lad:

It is actually the RS4's i am thinking of going for, AMD have offered a set fitted and balanced for 1k.. with CSC2's and with Avons for £880.. good deal you think?

@ Steve.. i wont be doing a track day, i am purely a road driver.. tracks scare me. lol smashfreakB.gif

@ Redrobin.. thats a good point about reselling my car, some people dont like other wheels..

hmmm.. i could store them in the garage maybe

Sparkzz, the RS4s are really nice and thats a good deal with tyres, however they are not VAG which would put me off slighty, HOWEVER would still look the nuts!

Keep the 17"s and as said, use them in the winter and when you come to sell the car on, the replicas you can flog for a pretty penny when you sell the car too!

sparkzz> seriously mate, get yourself on a trackday! Don't worry about this TG/EVO crap where they drift the cars and have smoke going everywhere, track days are NOT like that mate wink.gif They're just a good excuse to push the limits of your car, but in a safe and controlled manner!

There's no pressure to get good lap times, infact most tracks will not like you timing your laps and there's often a great deal of advice on hand. Think about and it maybe go along to one, just do it for fun and you'll love it mate 169144-ok.gif

i think that will probably will be the best idea to keep them and abuse them through the winter, and then sell with the car.

I am actually loving the VW feel, and love the build of them so i will probably stick with VW/Audi now, so maybe the wheels can come with me onto the next motor.. (ahh but then the next car will already have them, the RS4.. ooooh wake up!!!! 123576-assfeck.gif)

This is sort of what my car will look like:

gti5.jpg

looks nice!!!

@steve.. i must sound a real car wimp, but i hate the thought of people screaming at me to get out of the way, like i am holding them up.. i had a chance to go to NÜRBURGRING but thoght... no way!! i would dung.gif myself!!

I would like to do it, but maybe have the whole track to myself until i got used to it..lol!!

They do look superb those wheels. I will be tempted myself I am sure when my car arrives! Will look very unique at this point in time and are slightly more aggresive than the monza design.

Shall we hold a ultra beginners day at the ring? because like you lot I would be pooing myself.

A MK5 GTI day, how cool would that be! convoy on GTIs

Honestly mate, quite a few track days don't allow overtaking! Some take you round in a convoy. Others are novice class or will only allow cars of certain performance! And you certainly don't sound like a wimp, there would be nothing worse than you going to a track day and feeling pressured and not enjoying it!

If you do go on a trackday and someone is behind you then move over to the (left iirc) and indicate, they can then safely overtake you 169144-ok.gif

I've been to the 'ring and it was awesome, however I was so very scared it's unreal wink.gif

If you're going to have a 'beginner's trackday' can I strongly suggest that you don't drive all the way to the Ring to do it!

Pick any one of the many reputable track days organised in the UK and find your way at your own speed on a proper circuit trackday. The Ring, from all accounts, is infinitely more challenging and daunting than any regular UK circuit ECLIPSe.gifEEK2.GIF

Even hardened TSN trackdayers (despite lots of 'xbox practice'!!! ) have found the ring totally intimidating EEK2.GIFdung.gif and an entirely different challenge smile.gif

Mollox> I certainly wasn't suggesting going to the 'ring for an introduction to track day driving, it's insane over there smile.gif

The 'ring is very challenging, very busy, very dangerous and made me pretty scared tbh frown.gif

Try to pick tracks like Snetterton, which are very easy, run lots of track days and have hug run off areas! 169144-ok.gif