Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lagoo

yes another diesel convert.....

16 posts in this topic

Nice on, how did you manage to wangle that?

Lucky sod cool.gif

Its a 730D sport.....

ChrisP, the dealer was trying to get my M3 to me by last weekend in time for the British GP, but it didnt happen, he always said that if the car wasnt here in time he would send me off in something 'suitable' laugh.gif and thats what i got... did only manage to get 27mpg though shocked.gif over a 250mile journey EEK2.GIF

LOL.. jump.gif

Chris.. as nice as the 7 series is.. I don't feel that you and it are a match made in heaven grin.gif

PS. have you tried a handbrake turn in it yet?? grin.gif

yeah the feckers.... mad.gif its got some stuuuupid electronic handbrake and i couldn't find anything to turn off the traction control... sportifs2.gif

So what was the performance like then Chris....... or are you too embarrased to say you were impressed (common petrolhead condition)

bless........ angelwings.gif

wink.gif

fatcat, i have always driven diesels, hence why i drive proper motors now tongue.gif but yes i was impressed sekret.gif

Its meant to have the same power as the M5 but obviously hauling alot more ass!! 0-60 came in less than 8 seconds and is least good for 140 EEK2.GIF with a fair bit left smashfreakB.gif Ride was comfortable without being too barge like, and it took a fair amount of work to negotiate roundabouts when approached in a spirited manner but then it is meant to be cruiser!! The toys kept me amused SMOKE6.GIF the i-drive took some getting use to but once you got the hang of it it was very good! beerchug.gif

Come on Chris, you're a closet diesel lover, lets face it!

The 730 is a lumbering old beast, but after hating them initially, I reckon they'll be a bargain car in about 2 years time, when they have depreciated like a stone.

IMHO i don't think it will be too long before the next generation supercars will be diesel powered!

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

IMHO i don't think it will be too long before the next generation supercars will be diesel powered

[/ QUOTE ]

Your not wrong mate. For 30 or so years all the development went into petrol engines, and nothing was done to diesels, now they are developing the humble diesel its taking leaps and bounds very quickly.....diesel, the fuel of the future!

I thought so - I was sure I'd seen it in there when I went on Thursday for a drive of the 320d and 330d models.

I dealt with Chris Elderfield in there, nothing but helpful so if you can deal with him then do! beerchug.gif

Yep, my cousin also told me to deal with him. He was not there so I'm now dealing with Niall McCarthy. Seems helpful enough. beerchug.gif

Are you local or did you buy from there for a reason?

Yeah i am local most of the time ( Royston ). smashfreakB.gif

Niall is a good bloke (what i know of him). I went to go and see the my car before it was PDi'd on a saturday and he let me sit and play for about an hour!!! beerchug.gif

Oh and ask to see the pics of His Le Mans special Race cars.... they were smokin.... cool.gif