Is this for real?

dazdot

Just received this in an e-mail:

[ QUOTE ]

LicenceGuard is a simple, easy to use plan to help you get from A-B if you lose your licence through disqualification of points 'totting-up'.

Click below for more information

https://www.licenceguard.com/ssl/e/?rn=LG0TEXTC0C1

How does LicenceGuard work?

If you lose your licence through disqualification or totting-up, LicenceGuard will reimburse your travel costs such as Taxi's, Mini Cabs, Trains or even a Chauffeur. LicenceGuard Platinum will reimburse any of these costs up to £15,600 a year.

I already have some points – can I still be a member?

Yes, so long as you don't have more than 6 points – you can become a member even if you already have 6 points, just so long as you are aged over 19 and have held a full UK driving licence for at least 24 months.

How much does LicenceGuard cost?

Bronze - £65.00, you can claim up to £6,000 per year

Silver - £75.00, you can claim up to £9,000 per year

Gold - £100.00, you can claim up to £12,000 per year

Platinum - £125.00, you can claim up to £15,600 per year

To join LicenceGuard, click below.

https://www.licenceguard.com/ssl/e/?rn=LG0TEXTC0C1

All your membership documents will be emailed to you as soon as you have been accepted as a member.

There are a few exclusions such as driving whilst over the alcohol limit or under the influence of drugs – a full list of terms and conditions, including exclusions will be emailed to you with your membership documents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought April fools day had passed. confused.gif

It is for real. we were approached a few months back to sell it as an add on to car insurance. we would have paid £5 per unit and sold it at £25, but the catch is it has to be a camera that gives you the conviction that loses you your licence. Not as good an option a chauffeur plan, which pays out of any injury, or conviction (apart from dd) that results in an incapcity to drive, which starts at 90PA and pays for all your transport costs, even a chauffuer.

For some reason Jon clients tend not take up the cover even when offered. I don't think we've sold a single policy yet! Although we don't tend to mention it that often.

I still wonder if there are moral questions regarding the issue of covering you for breaking the law?!? OK the cover does not pay your fine, but still may make you drive with less care, knowing you can still get around.

So Jon, with a chauffeur plan do they just sort of collect you and drop you off? What if you needed someone to take you to say Manchester, and then bring you home at the end of the day to Warwick? and then take you to say Plymouth the next day and bring you back? Its almost worth having one! Will they pop along and take you to Sainsburys when you need emergency wine and chocolate? Is the service limited? wink.gif

Seeing as I'd be out of work if I lost my licence I might invest in one of these..... ECLIPSe.gif