RS4 Avant - Any orders?

Beast

Well today I went and did it - ordered the RS4 Avant for delivery around Sept\Oct.

I found it very hard decciding on which colour to opt for but it was certainly going to be between Daytona Grey or Black. In the end black won!

What made it harder was the lack of Avant pictures available to show it in the various colours - it seems like we're left to guess and take a gamble.

Does anyone have a collection of Avant pics showing the black?

I went for the obvious Tech Pack (be stupid not to), Rear View Mirror (Dimming), Silver Headlining (I felt the car was just too dark with the black - anyone else find it dark inside?), and the Carbon inserts.

Does anyone else consider any of the other options as necessary? I did debate the TV but at £750 and you still cant watch digital or even a DVD using the built in DVD player smashfreakB.gif - it seemed a little steep!

My spec is v similar to yours. RS4 Avant, Phantom Black, Black RS4 Buckets, Tech Pack + TV, Sports + Susp, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Heated Front & Rear Seats, Blinds,GSM Phone 0n Dash, FSA, Homelink, & Auto Air Re-Circ.

When the car arrives (end July) I'm planning to get Craigyb to fit TV in motion and an external DVD/Media Player/Playstation.

Don't have any pictures of the Avant in Black, but I'm sure it'll look suberb.

I ordered an RS4 Avant from Camberley Audi on 11th March.

Was quoted late July delivery.

I also went for Phantom Black (we really like the Ebony Black of our current S4 Avant). Spec-wise went for standard sports seats (the buckets are too uncomfortable for my bad back, and impractical for my wife when wearing an evening dress) in silver silk nappa leather, silver headlining, Symphony II (will swap the RNS-E from my S4), CD changer, adaptive lights, auto dimming mirrors, auto air re-circ, glass sunroof, front armrest.

[ QUOTE ]

When the car arrives (end July) I'm planning to get Craigyb to fit TV in motion and an external DVD/Media Player/Playstation.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the TV in motion - is this something that Craigyb will be offering to anyone? I'd be interested in getting the DVD player to play films as I know it will only play the SAT NAV dvd as stock.

Whats the rough cost?

Also, sounds a silly question, but do you actually need to spec teh TV option? or can this be fitted as part of the above?

It's best to talk to Craigyb regarding all the options.

My understanding however, is that the tv in motion is approx £200. This I believe will allow you to watch the tv and any other external input on the move. If you don't have the Audi tv, you will still need to have a 3rd party tv fitted. I decided to go with the Audi as it'll all be integrated. The cars don't come pre-wired apparently so a 3rd party tv would also need an external aerial etc fitted.

A 3rd party dvd/media player is roughtly £300 depending on what you choose. You still need the tv in motion with this to be able to watch it on the move.

I am a bit naffed with the Audi tv though, as it is analogue only. My wife has just ordered a new TT and we have speced it with tv, but it's now analogue & digital. It looks like the RS4 is out of date before I've got it.

Craigyb, please correct me if I've got any of this wrong