I-pod

mulkbear

I-pods kits from VW

My company have just started a big campaign to sell them, so as you can guest i have been fitting loads of them and the workshop now has a tester I-pod (with a VW badge on as well) which is the first one i have used and they are great.

I would recommend any one with a VW to buy a I-pod and a I-pod kit for there VW as it is cheaper than a Multi changer and everyone thinks your cool if you have a I-pod.

Does anyone TSN Members have a I-pod with a in car connection ? what are your thoughts ? coffee.gif

I've got the Dension one fitted to the Gamma unit in my Passat and I am very impressed with it.

The sound quality is good and it never skips.

The only slight problem is it sometimes takes a second or two to move onto the next track when I press the button

Still highly recommend it though

Chris

I've got the VW iPod kit installed in my R. It's £99 from the Dealer and my tech fitted it for £30, through the MFD2 Sat-Nav HU. Installed in the armrest and the sound is brilliant, 3,500 tracks at your fingertips. 169144-ok.gif TP.

772202-RiPod.jpg

post-3262-137914352984_thumb.jpg

some advise/inf please:

I have 2002 GTI with front loading 6 CD player.

What kind of options have i got for getting my I-pod, "intergrated" into my sound system?!

ATM I use an adapter to just play it through cassette player, but this means a few leads hanging around by my H/brake, which can get annoying as they tend to move around when going up-hill etc.

I like the look of having it by the handbrake (as in picture a few posts up) but dont have any sat-nav etc for it to be put through)

I see, sorry if i am being dim here!!! - so r u saying I can or cant use an I-pod (through 6cd player) as well as the cd player?!!

I mean if i get the I-pod kit installed that will just be another function of stereo or can i no longer use cd player.

The ipod lead plugs into the cd changer slot, so you will lose the changer (I have on the Gamma unit).

do a search on google for the Harmon Kardon ipod adaptor, this plugs into the aerial socket and also gives you a seperate display, sound quality is also supposed to be good and you keep the cd changer.

Chris

That sounds good mate, I will have a look later on, as i dont want to lose my cd changer function. One final question!! - with this one through the aerial slot, do I lose (presume so) the radio function? (as i love Talk Sport on match days!!!) smile.gif

if you have an external changer the oply option avaialbel to retain cd changer and ipod is the iconnection device, it's cheaper than the dension but does the same thing, and you retain ability to have cd changer or ipod at any time

Yes it would, but as they are still technically illegal without a licence to broadcast other solutions are worth consideration.

I think the transmitter units are excellent, tune them in and youre off - down side is that without being hardwired you dont get control of the ipod from the headunit / steering wheel controls if fitted.

[ QUOTE ]

if you have an external changer the oply option avaialbel to retain cd changer and ipod is the iconnection device, it's cheaper than the dension but does the same thing, and you retain ability to have cd changer or ipod at any time

[/ QUOTE ]

When u say external changer, I have changer built into front of my golf, i.e input 6 seperate cds into standard VW 6 cd changer. are u refering to external (as in boot or under seat?) sorry to be soooo dim smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When u say external changer, I have changer built into front of my golf, i.e input 6 seperate cds into standard VW 6 cd changer. are u refering to external (as in boot or under seat?) sorry to be soooo dim smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

external as it not integrated into the head unit, some headunits have an integrated cd changer mechanism, others have cd changers connected via a cable hence external to the head unit ( can be in boot, underseat, in armrest, or seperately in dash.

• 2 months later...