Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nbetts

Shadow Blue MK V GTi - Photos

16 posts in this topic

Hi,

Some of you guys have asked to see some photos of my new GTi. Here are some shots I took this morning... there is also a shot of the electric drivers seat. (Some of you wanted to see that)

[image]9705465295-thumb.jpg[/image]

9705484593-thumb.jpg

9705495538-thumb.jpg

Looks fantastic matey, now get off your computer and get out there and punish her!

/Maffy

Looks fantastic, lovely colour.

And nice to see some interior shots, I can't get enough of the GTi/R32 interior. smile.gif

Them 18" wheels really look good on the shadow blue when the suns out.

Careful, Geoff! - You'll be wanting to swop your 17s for 18s! grin.gif

Little Big Wheels

Not for me.

I always loved the look of that type of finish wheel and remember how cars i have had in the past looked so nice with that type of finish wheel especially when its sunny outside, I just don't want the maintenance of them if i have the option not too.

I do think the shadow blue looks better with the 18s on. As i have said in the past i prefer the darker colours with the 18s and the lighter with the 17s.

I do have a spare set of 17s i could crome. lol.

but Geoff, even if you chrome them it's still difficult to fit spinners yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Personally, I absolutely hate and detest chrome mirror-finish wheels - Def extremely Chavvy imo. Spoils a car imo.

How about powder coating / anodising them black. (Not sure how you would get them black tbh...) Would look sinister on a black GTI!

But what's wrong with the appearance of the OEM alloys made by BBS? Especially the 18s of course wink.gif.

Nothing i was joking lol. I could strip the 17s and polish them up, they would look a mirror finish and a bit like the 18s but without the machine lines. lol (joking again but have done this in the past (hides in shame))

I think that chrome wheels can look good in the right place, i was i LA i while back and with the sun shinning and the blue sky reflected in them i thought they looked good. However if the are on a corsa in tesco carpark they will look poo!