CD autochanger, for 6 discs

Child-proof locks on rear doors

Coming/leaving home function

Cruise control

Double-glazed tinted glass

DVD-based Navigation system

Electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors, with memory

Electric front seat belt height adjustment, with memory

Electric front seats - 14- way adjustable, including lumbar support, with memory for both seats

GSM mobile telephone preparation

Interior and exterior light package

Rain and light sensor

Voice control system

Additional equipment on S8 models:

9J x 20 `S' style alloy wheels with 265/35 R20 tyres

Adaptive headlights with Xenon Plus, coming/leaving home function and LED daytime running lights

Aluminium-look door mirror housings

Alcantara package

Automatically actuated boot lid and doors

BOSE surround sound

Dual-branch oval exhaust system

Extended leather upholstery package 2

Folding door mirrors with automatic dimming function

Heat and UV insulating glass

Heated front seats

One-touch memory including Advanced Key - memory function of vehicle systems for up to 4 drivers using fingerprint reader technology

`S' adaptive air suspension - with firmer shock absorbers

`S' rear spoiler

Spoiler lip - 3-part air intake beneath single frame grille

Tyre pressure monitor

Valcona leather Sports seats

No-cost options:

Daytona Gray pearlescent

Leather/alcantara seats in black/black with black carpet and alcantara headlining

Carbon fiber trim

Cost options:

4-zone climate control

Rear seat heating

Rear and rear-side elecric blinds

DAB (digital) radio tuner

Reverse Parking Advanced (reversing camera with guide lines)

UV reflective and heated front windscreen

I should have a build week within two weeks, then I will have a better idea of delivery dates.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Was there any options you left off?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the silly expensive stuff like ceramic brakes (£6000!), Bang & Olufsen sound (£3775) and TV tuner (£850). Much as I'd love to have all those things, I just can't justify the ceramics on price (half that and I might have done it), I don't need perfect audio reproduction in a car that will have some road/wind noise, and I don't watch TV in the car more than a few minutes a year, plus the digital TV tuner is junk; couldn't get a signal for long on any digital channel in the A8 I tried it in. I also gave the Rear Seat Entertainment option a swerve, it's something like £3500 too...

[ QUOTE ]

Does that mean your W12 will be available near the end of summer?

You may want to talk to Crasher, he needs a big cruiser to replace the S8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, it's going to go back to Lincoln Audi when the S8 arrives. They might let me put a deal together on it though, should anyone be really interested.

It might be in July if I'm very lucky, and I'm away on holiday the front half of August, so if it's that close to the new reg, I'll wait until September 1st for the new plate.

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the silly expensive stuff like ceramic brakes (£6000!), Bang & Olufsen sound (£3775) and TV tuner (£850). Much as I'd love to have all those things, I just can't justify the ceramics on price (half that and I might have done it), I don't need perfect audio reproduction in a car that will have some road/wind noise...

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard the Bose Surround sound in the A8 and it was magnificent!!

The Bang and Olufson will be better still!

I know it's a lot of money and I hear what you say about road noise etc, but the car is one environment where you can really enjoy your music (and have time to listen to it) and awesome hi fi can make a journey a real pleasure.

This is the one "silly" option I would definitely consider.

Either way though, it sounds an absolutely fantastic car and i look forward to hearing all about it. 169144-ok.gif

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Very nice Chris. Your spec is identical to Yorks demo. Hope to see the car at a meet someday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the W12 made it to the Rutland meet, so there's hope I'll make one up your way some day too. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Gr8 news Chris, I might even get my sh1t to another "meet" to take a looksee. How much will you be charging for looking and passinger rides? grin.gif

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Gr8 news Chris, I might even get my sh1t to another "meet" to take a looksee. How much will you be charging for looking and passinger rides? grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be cool, I'll deffo have to let you know if I make it down to London again. I'm happy to do passenger rides, should anyone be brave enough to get in the car with me; I once terrified three (consenting) passengers in the early hours of the morning in the RS 6, none of them could belive we were going to slow down from <ahem> mph in time for the roundabout...

FIREdevil.gifECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Do you mind me asking what the total cost of that kind of spec is?

[/ QUOTE ]

List price OTR is £73810, about £5k less than the W12 with the options that I had in that (which I mostly have in the S8 order, plus lots of extras - the S8 is far better value list than the W12 was). The S8 is 'undiscountable', but I don't let things like stand in the way of a good deal... wink.gif

You have PM.