Last night I ordered a replacement for the W12

Chris_B

I need to drive the 4.2 diesel. I test drove the 4.0 diesel a while back and only got 23/24 mpg vs the c20/22 I would guess of the old non FSI 4.2 petrol.

The 4.2 FSI petrol appeals because its economy is not much off the diesel's, its quicker than before and with less weight over the front, I'm assuming it will have better handling than the diesel.

However, the diesel will have £5k better residuals, will be a lot easier to sell and is only £1k more expensive.

What's the diesel noise like? I'd have the sport as well.

Are you saying that you got 20% off the sticker price including all the extras? I would 'only' spec mine to c£63k so 20% off would make it £50k - not bad.

PS What I really want is an A6 Avant with the 4.2 diesel and sport air suspension, neither of which they do.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I speced mine too £64.260 and got it for £51400,

Sport, heated seats, 19" run flats, DAB ( which I have tested and works great)

3 spoke sports wheel/paddle shift, Bose, service package,Vavona wood,tyre pressure monitor+ some more bits.

A6 4.2TDI would do me too, It may come if so i'll have one. beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The new 4.2 TDI is a lot nicer than the 4.0 TDI engine; quieter, smoother, faster pickup, less obvious lag. I think it's lighter than the 4.0D engine too, certainly when combined with standard suspension in Dynamic mode, it seemed to hold the road well enough.

[ QUOTE ]

I need to drive the 4.2 diesel. I test drove the 4.0 diesel a while back and only got 23/24 mpg vs the c20/22 I would guess of the old non FSI 4.2 petrol.

The 4.2 FSI petrol appeals because its economy is not much off the diesel's, its quicker than before and with less weight over the front, I'm assuming it will have better handling than the diesel.

However, the diesel will have £5k better residuals, will be a lot easier to sell and is only £1k more expensive.

Are you saying that you got 20% off the sticker price including all the extras? I would 'only' spec mine to c£63k so 20% off would make it £50k - not bad.

PS What I really want is an A6 Avant with the 4.2 diesel and sport air suspension, neither of which they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

wink.gif

I forgot to mension, I also only lost £6K over the year on the 3.0TDI which I keep until september and I can put the mileage on it no problem ( not that it will be that much)

They have agreed as part of the deal to re-fit the LT400 and RA2 too the new car. Not bad I thought. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Dare i ask which dealer you managed to strike the % discount deal with?

If i could wangle a deal like that i would seriously consider saying goodbye to my S8 (as hooked as i am on it) for the 4.2tdi - if only to help preserve my fuel fund smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Crasher, norwich audi is the dealership, I have bought a few audi's from them now and they seem to want to keep me in the fold as it were. Must be worth a call though, say "Ive been offered" can you improve . You know the routine. best of luck. 169144-ok.gif