535d M: Silver w. Black inside or Carbon Beige ??

ronald_adi

Do you still get those doubts now and again or just being generally annoyed at yourself?  

1. 1. Do you still get those doubts now and again or just being generally annoyed at yourself?

• Yup - all the time and its fecked me over permanently
    • Just a bit annoyed at times
    • Once in a while when things are not great
    • Never - life moves on!
    • N/A

Hi, I am selling my 530dM Hamann this month to get a 535d M-packet all options next month. And boy do i have TONS of questions!

But most important is shall i take Silver with black or grey interior or Carbon Black with beige interior? i would like to have your own personal feelings on this.

Black is classy and beige interior is nice, but i feel that with Black u dont get to see all the detailed curves on the car?

other important specs i am going for are Navi pro, Komfortseats (not sport seats cause they dont have the curve-back option), head-up, and hiFi.

talk to me smile.gif

Got a silver grey 535se myself with grey leather and grey wood ... very good looking inside and compliments the black wheel and dashboard (oh why dont beemers have colour coordinated dashes and steering wheels like my merc!).

Got the comfort seats which are brilliant. had the car for 9 months and just found extra buttons to alter the top of the seat to bring headrest forwards!

Got the heads up too, its really great with extra bits popping up in it like door not closed warnings etc. its different in the M5 though which shows the rev counter I think rather than the speedo. its really great with the pro nav system too. One nice touch if going abroad is if you change to KMs from miles in the idrive it changes the speedo in the HUD. its a must have for me.

having had black leather in previous cars its much better than beige for hiding entry scuffs etc.

Well, A picture says so much more than words ! Yes i understand. looks great indeed. i didnt know what amethyst was.

Another impt qs. Gizze (and others,..) i see u have sport seats. i would like to go for the comfot seats cause of the extra possibilities it has. like the back able to bend - great for me. i spend 3hrs in the car every day - 200miles per day.

thanks BMWmercman for the detailed overview. funny about your seats,.. the bending forward is exactly the reason i am going for those seats !!

yes i am afraid of those scuf marks in the light interior. i have now a dark interior and it stays looking clean.

GIzze - how long did u have to polish your car to look this shiny? i t looks great !!

I'd go with Carbon Blue...sorry, Black tongue.gif and either the black or amethyst leather. I'm not sure how well the beige would go with the black headlining in the Sport confused.gif If you think the black interior will be to dark, go for the panoramic roof as well 169144-ok.gif If the Visibility Pack (Bi Xenons and adaptive headlights) is available, then I'd recommend going for that as well

I never spend long cleaning my car, I use Meguirs Gold Wash, then polish and that was it, never used the wax yet!

I will do soon though.

I personally prefer the sport seats to the comfort seats, I like to sit really low and the comfort seat with all the electronics under them is a lot higher, the headrests are alot better though on the comfort seats.

You can get sport seats with Lumbar, I am going to retrofit the Lumbar to mine.

Don't go with beige on the sport, it doesn't look right.

interesting point gIzze that beige doesnt look right. for some strange reason though, i havent seen ANY 2nd hand black 535d with the Amethyst interior in Germany (i am buying from germany). Perhaps its not a common option there.

what is lumbar? the side support that gets inflated when u take corners hard?

Lumbar support adjusts the back of the seat up and down and in and out, like an arch support for your lower back.

That is not my car, I have black leather with Alu Cube, I would guess that is brushed titanium in that photo of the amethyst.

This is mine with the Alu Cube..

779549-trim.jpg

post-4150-137914354026_thumb.jpg

I have to say I prefer a Beige interior. I can't stand it when it feels like I'm sitting in a dark cave. I had blue with cream on my Lexus and loved it to bits it looked great and got a lot of coments to that effect.

Black and cream, not sure. But not Black and black SAUER0421.GIF not for me anyway. MrMe has got a beige interor on is 6 and its grey.. have a look at the photos in the gallery. 169144-ok.gif

Guys, thanks for all the feedback! From this I have learnt that most people prefer black with grey mix interior, and fewer people like the Beige on a sporty car than i expected.

At the end of the day its all a matter of taste. i currently have a silver E39 5series with black interior and washed aluminium strip and i love it.

I still feel that the silver colour on the new e60 is the best because it 'looks' dirty less quickly (i clean my car often but i also drive 900miles per week !) and u can see more of the curves better on a light car.

having said that, a well polished (emphasis on well polished!) carbon black with light interior looks very classy and sheak.

now since i am going for a 2nd car (about 15,000miles on the clock), i dont have all the cards in my hands, but the silver will be my first choice - and my eyes are fully open to be swayed by a carbon black if the opportunity and options arise.

PS - most E60 M5's are silver, why is that?

I think most M5s are silver because it's a "safe" colour. When you spend so much money on a car, you want to get as much of it back as you can when you come to resell it. If you get it in one of these "safe" colours, you are more likely to get a buyer. If you get a very individual colour, or even a bright one that stands out, like Imola Red, you are taking a chance in that the next buyer wants a bright car. Silver is very subtle and neutral, so most people go for that, it's the same as the Sprint Blue debate on the Audi RS4. Some people don't want attention drawn to them, others (myself included) don't mind since I'd want people to know I had something special.