Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vindaloo

.:R arrived at Dealers today

6 posts in this topic

My steel grey 3-door manual arrived at the dealers today & seems to be OK, with all the options I ordered in place. Have asked the dealer not to valet it, as I want to avoid the dealer induced swirl marks.

Finally got them to admit the Cruise control price is £150 all in (with thx to Matt R on the GTi forum) so that's being done Wednesday or Thursday. Should be collecting Friday afternoon, can't wait.

What do you mean by finally admit ? .... it's on the vw accessories site 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Have asked the dealer not to valet it, as I want to avoid the dealer induced swirl marks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean, but I think they'll need to valet it before you get it as it'll have a protective film on the paintwork that'll need removing..

Yes I know that the cruise is £150 & you know that, but the stealer as usual plays dim to attempt to drain more money from the punters pocket. There are still cases where dealers are still quoting much more than £150

There is no protective film that I could see, just a slightly dusty car that I will be detailing myself. I have the knowledge, products & the equipment to do a far better job than the dealer.

[ QUOTE ]

There is no protective film that I could see, just a slightly dusty car that I will be detailing myself. I have the knowledge, products & the equipment to do a far better job than the dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

The average monkey could do a better wash/valet than any stealer. I now always ask them not to touch the car when it goes in for a service as it came back looking worse than when i dropped it off once SAUER0421.GIF