Service due in miles or days???

CRJ_1

Anyone else's service interval show as either miles or days? Mine currently needs servicing in 5600 miles or 11 days smile.gif

I spoke to the stealer yesterday and they said the stearlers all work in number of miles and there would be no warranty issues if I went past the 11 days.........

Anyone heard anything different?

If like me, you do less than say 7000 miles per year, then i recommend you have it serviced now and have your car changed to Fixed Annual Servicing. My car was serviced for the 1st time last week and i'd only done about 6000 miles, then again, i'm on the SM+T Plan (note i only started this the previous week, lol)...

I also have lowish mileage & the warning started from 6k miles to go, the car is 12 months old now. It may take me most of the next 12 months to clock up 6k miles so when do you service???

Going on the miles that will be 2 years from purchase.........not good for the car or warranty IMO

At PDI stage some dealers (mine included) change the settings so the car is on fixed interval servicing eg 12 months or 10,000 miles whichever sooner. The reason I was given was that some people neglect routine checks. (I guess it's more to do with service dept making more money!) Apparently, a lesser grade oil is used if you are on fixed intervals - still fully synthetic but a cheaper version I believe. I will request that mine is refilled with the expensive slx stuff for good measure. Perhaps this explains some of the strange indications your service indicators are showing? It may show a count down in mileage for a while but as soon as 12 months passes it will request a service. wink.gif