Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ER785

Carbon Fibre Airbox for S3

19 posts in this topic

After many research have finally found a replacement air box I know that works

http://www.tyresmoke.net/gallery/albun04/Dsc00324

http://www.tyresmoke.net/gallery/albun04?&page=5

This is near a direct replacement. Its made by BMC and a cone filter insulated in carbon fibre (great insulator of heat) and the cold intake tube runs to the headlight assemly area (am looking ways to divert the hose to cooler areas of the car)

Test results: The car feels much more responsive thru all rev ranges. Even on low revs no different to original if not better. The cars mid and top range is much better, the car just pulls. By comparison to the standard panel filter that I fitted. The car feels 10% faster at least. A highly recommended mod. The airflow sensor is perfect fit to the car

ive been running 1 of these filters now for around 6 months and its been good and there is a deffinate difference in power over standard and with a nice sound to go with it

Yes preoiled. Very similar if not identical to K&N construction

[ QUOTE ]

ive been running 1 of these filters now for around 6 months and its been good and there is a deffinate difference in power over standard and with a nice sound to go with it

[/ QUOTE ]

can you get these in the uk ? are they easy to fit.

sekret.gifRichardH

i have an alu one which is ace it clames to give you more power then k&n at half the price costs about £125 and sounds very nice the throttle response is alot better and its a pice os piss to fit got pics ot if in my gallery from Here if i got enoughj interest i might be able to get be able to egt the cheaper

ello tiny

i looked at the max flow induction kit, but as the BMC the filter is pre-oil so possible MAF contamination. I'm currently waiting for jabba to make there induction kit for the S3/TT its got a stainless steel filter. So it dosnt have oil on it so no chance of oil contamination.

All foam filters are pre-oiled thats what stops the crap going throu the filter.

[ QUOTE ]

Pat Hibbitt [[email protected]]

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, the filter elements in all our induction kits are pre-oiled.

Regards,

Pat Hibbitt

Sales Administrator

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestely Think factory pre-oiled is very very sparse if any!! Just have to be careful when you reoil the filter yourself. HAd my KN for over a yr b4 and no problems with the sensor

Simon

Same here, been running a K&N now for almost 3 Years with no MAF problems. I DO, however, periodically clean my MAF with Isopropyl Alcohol.

beerchug.gif

I had had the ram-air filter for about 3 month and can sa have had no problems so far. the filter it self does not have much oil on so the risk of it buggering up the MAF is minimal (i hope)

I must say this MOD must be the best $ value, with a chip it truly opens the performance envelope

The mid range is astonishing!!

Enjoying every minute of it grin.gif

Guys

While the new airbox made superb improvements, I wanted to be sure it was taking in FRESH cold air from the outside and not hot turbo air

Removed the bumper and bought some ribbed but flexible hose and rerouted the hose below the front lights and to the rubber air intake from the intercooler. Drilled a big hole and now the hose just sits behind the front grille. With the RS bumper it offers huge intercool area and now I can be sure it is pulling in cold air. The position is high enough to ensure I am not taking in any water either

Test results are even better, no one shuould miss this mod. It rules

BR

Simon