I squashed my cat!!!

djcool

Reversing up my drive last week my stupid feline friend decided to dart between a brick pillar and my rear wheel. Unfortunately for him he wasn't as quick as he thought he'd be and I managed to press him up against the pillar with a 225-width Continental tyre blush.gif Not knowing he was there, I carried on going squashing the poor kitty. crazy.gif

He ran off, but we found him, and he seemed to be fine all week but he wasn't eating and was a bit quiet and docile.

Took him to the vets the day before yesterday and found he had a ruptured diaphram and needed an emergancy op to re-arrange his internals to where they're meant to be. He survived the op (70:30 chance) but they had to put his liver somewhere else as it wouldn't fit where it went before (!!). The vets bill will run into thousands. shocked.gifshocked.gif

On a positive note, I've had no paw prints on my car this week 169144-ok.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Poor kitty cat!! frown.gif At least he is OK - does he have any pet insurance..... confused.gif I'd be the same - especially if I ran my cat over myself!! smashfreakB.gif

Be more careful in future and a speedy recovery to the moggy! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortuantely I can't see that low in my mirror reversing and he darted through the gap so quickly I couldn't have done anything anyway. My girlfriend was outside the car at the time and even she didn't have time to grab him. It happened in less than one second all told!

No pet insurance, but he's had nothing spent on him apart from the obligatory check-ups and flea vaccinations since he was a kitten, and he's getting on to 13 now cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The vets bill rand into thousands? Goodness me.. I need to become a vet!

[/ QUOTE ]

We haven't had the "total" yet, so far the initial checkup was £220, the op itself was £900 and then there is the aftercare, the x-rays and associated costs. We've been told to expect IRO £2k

Your lucky, my Old Dear run over MY Cat last year. The cat was lying in the driveway in the Sun and my Mum thought she'd move when she started the car up (she didn't) She ran clean over the cat. Amazingly, she darted off to the side of the fence on our drive in the shade and within 3 minutes died frown.giffrown.gif (crushed organs/internal bleeding)

It was my cat (after my Sister left home) and I was responsable for the looking after/feeding of her. I had also grew up with it from when I could remember so it hurt me quite bad. But my Mum still hasn't got over it and gets quite upset whenever its mentioned.

People and their Pets 'eh! UHOH7.GIF

There have actually been independant investigations stating pet insurance isn't worth it and is up with ppi as far as financial rip offs are concerned.

I don't remember the exact details, but they concluded you're far better off putting aside any money and using it if required, which is probably never.

[ QUOTE ]

do you shout out the door

"shaggy titz come here"

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been known to...but she tends to stay indoors as she is old...

But, she often gets her name shortened to just "Titz"!!! Even JC now says "hello Titz how are you" when he sees her..... wink.gif New visitors are often slightly stunned. ROLLEY~14.GIF

i have 2 mogs both are insured, £9 a month is well worth it,i saw the computer at my vets last time i was there and my male cats bills ran into thousands i'm talking £7000 for a 6 year old, the other cat was at £3000 same age cat just not such a pain only got ran over once!