Mark II TT pics from viewing today

lottiefox

Spent a very enjoyable sunny morning at Audi UK's holding facility near Silverstone - down a farm track and hey presto! A new TT awaited! Four of us met up at local services and took the chance for a mini TT cruise down to the site, where the car was covered up waiting for our arrival.....then it was revealed....wow.... I like it so much more in the flesh! smlove2.gif

I liked it in the pictures, but wasn't blown away, but in the flesh it is an absolutely stunning car. Audi design at its very best - sleek, athletic, head turning yet still slightly understated and classy. It is still extremely TT-esque, which I didn't really pick up from the photos I've seen so far. It is undeniably a TT, but its an evolution of the design characteristics put into a slightly larger body along with the new dimensions of Audi styling such as the grille, lights etc. Inside though it is still unique - much of the aluminium and slightly quirky design features have been translated into this version, and it retains that essence of something special. New features make the car even more driver friendly - a MMI inspired centre console, tilted towards the driver, and a superb steering wheel and pedal set up. I still have some reservations about the three vents in the centre, I think two would have been ample, but the quality and the whole feel of the car is superb. The one we saw was the S-tronic 3.2 in petrol blue and the car sounded good on start up, and looked equally impressive under the bonnet.

Overall, I was really impressed. It retains its qualities of being a TT, but has moved on in terms of being fresh and innovative. I still love the Mark I TT and I got back into my QS and drove home and it still felt fabulous. I would love a Mark II - my heart says Yes but my head at the moment says No, but when do I ever listen to my head... ROLLEY~14.GIF

Anyway, enough rambling, some pics to illustrate. A big thank you to the TT forum folk for inviting me along and to James and David from Audi UK for indulging us for two hours in glorious sunshine whilst we took photos of everything possible. Yes, even the brakes and underneath the car! grin.gif

807899-DSCN0370%28Small%29.JPG

807899-DSCN0374%28Small%29.JPG

807899-DSCN0340%28Small%29.JPG

807899-DSCN0334%28Small%29.JPG

807899-DSCN0336%28Small%29.JPG

807899-DSCN0384%28Small%29.JPG

807899-DSCN0357%28Small%29.JPG

807899-DSCN0351%28Small%29.JPG

807899-DSCN0362%28Small%29.JPG

807899-DSCN0324%28Small%29.JPG

807899-DSCN0388%28Small%29.JPG

Jim, yes it did feel a bit roomier. Its generally a little bit bigger and less cramped feeling, although the lighter interior always helps too as mine is all black inside. Rear seats were OK with someone in, but he couldn't put his head up straight! wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Thats look like you were just outside of Whittlebry Hall? Was there a Golf Course just across the road/track from you? smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We were at some bizarre farm building in the middle of Northants near Towcester - couldn't see a golf course, but there were lots of sheep in the field nearby and some odd military helicopters flying low. confused.gifgrin.gif

Do you think its the front lights DHA? Its a weird one - in pics the car does not stand out as much or look as good as it does in the flesh - I have to say even these pics make it look somewhat bland again - but see one and it hangs together really well. grin.gif

Head still winning at the moment - sticking with my QS! 169144-ok.gif

I'm undecided on this incarnation.

I think it looks better than the spyshots and first photo's gave evidence of, but I'm, well, undecided now.

The interior looks nice, as expected, but it's carrying the front oddly in my opinion. I'll have to see a few more before I make my mind up on it.

Not sure I like it to be honest EEK2.GIF

Much closer to the original TT that I expected 169144-ok.gif

However I agree with Scotty about the overhang at the front, but this should make for better weight distribution between front and rear.

I wonder how long before they recall them all for a spoiler retrofit lol.gifyelrotflmao.gif

No.

Seen one in the flesh and it still didn't do it for me.

They test the suspension setups before UK release at Bentley, Crewe, Cheshire so I've seen a couple on the roads.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Yuk

[/ QUOTE ]

Not going to change back to the TT fold then Omen?! wink.gif

It is odd, it does look better in the flesh. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]