How to reboot i-Drive...

NewNiceMrMe

Did you know you can reboot the i-Drive system on BMW's?

You need to have a model with the DVD based SatNav to be able to do so, but if you have and you ever get a frozen system (which I've never had) or want to try out of curiousity...

Press the CD and DVD eject buttons and the Radio on-off button at the same time.

It's BMW's equivalent to Ctrl-Alt-Del!!! 169144-ok.gif

Before I try this MrMe (out of curiosity of course...), is it going to delete everything from the address book in the nav menu blush.gif

Which leads me onto something I was pondering last night; is it possible to export the data from the address book and transfer to another BMW with nav? BMW customer services were as helpful as ever, with their standard response to almost all questions: "Oo, I don't know that. No one has asked that before. I'll find out and call you back" (I'm still waiting frown.gif) No neeed to do this yet, but who knows... sekret.gif

Peter

Yes - it'll reset everything - don't try it just for the fun of it!!!

You can do the export you asked for though - your dealer can do it if you're buying a new car from them and yours is going in part exchange. I understand they need both cars present though.