Getting Closer - Had a call from Motorprovider

ysabelle

Mark from motorprovider contacted me today to provide an update on my order. The Good News is that my vehicle has been released from customs and will be winging its way to Sunny Sheffield within 1 Week! ZZZ.gif

Appreciated the communication and explanation from motorprovider on the Intricacies and Bureaucracy of importing motor vehicles. The most important thing is that I am kept in the loop on the whole process. Big Thumbs Up 169144-ok.gif

Looking forward to receiving my vehicle and meeting the team at Motorprovider. If it dont come with leather GTI wallet and bottle opener there will be trouble! wink.gif jk laugh.gif

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Mark from motorprovider contacted me today to provide an update on my order. The Good News is that my vehicle has been released from customs and will be winging its way to Sunny Sheffield within 1 Week! ZZZ.gif

Appreciated the communication and explanation from motorprovider on the Intricacies and Bureaucracy of importing motor vehicles. The most important thing is that I am kept in the loop on the whole process. Big Thumbs Up 169144-ok.gif

Looking forward to receiving my vehicle and meeting the team at Motorprovider. If it dont come with leather GTI wallet and bottle opener there will be trouble! wink.gif jk laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm interesting - I gave up with Motorprovider after hearing 'you'll be in the car in two weeks' and 'it's at Zebrugge' once too often, and cancelled the order earlier in the week.

Naturally after waiting nearly 3 months I was a bit gutted to hear they might be arriving after all (I'd came to the conclusion they were fake cars).

Been back on the phone to them (after several attempts as they never ever call you back) to say if the cars are now coming in within a week then I'll of course take it. Motorprovider then said because it wasn't a 'sold' car anymore it would be at the back of the queue and would be at least 3 weeks again.

I've really never dealt with a company less helpful than Motorprovider, and I'm not sure I want them to have my money even if the car does exist. There's a thread over on uk-mkivs where another chap has been given the run-around for months also. NONO3.GIF

Good luck to you guys that still have orders with them and I hope the cars are genuine, but I've given up! smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Congrats!

What's the deal regarding warranty on these GTIs from Motorprovider? Is it covered by UK main dealers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you get the full 2 year VW Warranty at main dealers BUT only when the car has been registered with VW (UK). To do this I had to show my V5 and Service Wallet to the local dealer who then registered it (in 2 hours) and I got my warranty work done 169144-ok.gif. Seems like some importers are better than others at registering your car smashfreakB.gif

Motorprovider may not be the best as it took 5 weeks for my V5 to arrive and the car was'nt registered with VW UK for all this time confused.gif

I'm still not sure what Roadside Assistance you get though ?

[ QUOTE ]

It would be interesting to have a comparism between your GTI and your 330 Jack. Are you that hung up on xenons then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they're not essential but I would really like them. The 330 is fully loaded so I would have to sacrifice a few toys to get a reasonably priced used GTI. Xenons, leather, cruise control, 18s and DSG are the options I would prefer.

I test drove two GTIs (one manual, one DSG) a while back and was very impressed. Felt much more spritely and chuckable than the BMW, which is a bit lardy and over-tyred. You can't fault the quality and prestige of the BMW but it made me realise the fun-factor was somewhat lacking.

Sorry to hear that you cancelled your order Nutkins. I assume that they refunded your £500? If my vehicle is not here by next weekend I will also be cancelling. I am not inspired by all these false assurances especially from a company who pride themselves on remaining 'factual'. I am of course prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt and sit it out for 1 final week. Watch this space.

[ QUOTE ]

After mine was registered (by Euroimports) I got sent a VW Roadside Assistance card and pack from VW UK 169144-ok.gif So get the same as a UK supplied car, but for two years rather than three ECLIPSe.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, how about that, just received my VW Assistance card today in the post......looks like full VW Assistance as well...not a cut down version (as rumoured for imports) grin.gif.

Hi ysabelle - yes I got my deposit back. I hope motorprovider come good and get you your car next week. There's a guy over on the uk-mkivs forum who is having exactly the same issues as us, think he's been told June now. I also phoned them after I read about your update to see if my car might be imminent too - they said as I'd cancelled the order it would be at least 3 weeks again as it's not a priority anymore.

On the upside - I've just got back from Wigan (long drive from London and back again) where I've placed a deposit on a car that I can collect next week. It's the exact spec I wanted but with a few additions, so it's cost me a bit more than I planned, but hey the car exists and I've seen it, sat in it etc etc.

Saw a few GTI's on the journey - anyone on here on the M1/M6 today?

Hi ysabelle : Hey good news from motorprovider : my car was 3 weeks late but had a call friday my cars in. drove down today at sheffeild looked at it " I am a happy chappy" collect next saturday. Mark who dealt with me said my car was on 1st lorry full and even another 8 lorry fulls more to come next week.

[ QUOTE ]

Hi ysabelle : Hey good news from motorprovider : my car was 3 weeks late but had a call friday my cars in. drove down today at sheffeild looked at it " I am a happy chappy" collect next saturday. Mark who dealt with me said my car was on 1st lorry full and even another 8 lorry fulls more to come next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mark, how you doing?.... wink.gif Hopefully my car will be on the trucks arriving next week!

Nutkins, interested to know where in Wigan you got your car from. I am only a few miles away from there. Cheers

Incidentally , I read with interest the thread on Mkiv's-net about Motorprovider (before it was deleted). I feel sorry for the guy and hope that his experience is unique. I will of course reserve judgement on the vendors performance and customer care remaining constructve and factual based on any public comments I make. I am an active and established member of scoobynet, ffoc, saabscene and as of yet have not seen anything like that involving motorprovider - hence my order. That said, I am not the most patient of people and HOPE to mee my car this coming weekend as promised.

yes i read that bit aswell, i think this guys car was 3 weeks late, he used alot of bad language and lots of brave unverified statements didnt he.?... I can only imagine that motorprovider will have contacted him to say with those kind of comments and statements they wont want to sell him a car and refund his deposit. I know if it was business I wouldnt want to and I would pass the entry to my solicitors. I know it must be most upsetting for people when there car is late but its VW that build the things and at the end of the day you have to ask is it worth some delay to save £3000. if the answer is no then go to a main dealer and if they have one in the showroom to go then pay the price.

I have noticed on motorproviders website they will only sell golf gti from physical stock and not take special orders, I can only imagine that they have had some cars late.