• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

any news SteveGTI ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi ysabelle, yes I have it !!

Motorprovider have been exellent, I cant fault them. They have done everything they said they would. Even the delivery driver was in constant contact. I saved over £4000 on vw list price smile.gif

Car has 6 miles on the clock. It has a spare wheel,bottle opener & handbook has a leather cover!

Im very happy jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Great News! So did you have it delivered to your home address?

Can you post some pics up with your new pride and joy - just to make sure you havent got mine! wink.gif

Cheers beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks everyone smile.gif Yes it was delivered to my home £270 (220 miles I think)

I will try and take some pics today, weather permitting

[ QUOTE ]

One question: What should I be looking for to check they have specified the car to full UK spec?

[/ QUOTE ]

From my experience :

1. Spacesaver spare wheel (rather than puncture repair kit)

2. Headlights to UK setting (i.e not on all time like Volvos !)

3. Internal alarm

4. English Manuals (rather than Dutch/Danish)

Looks like Steve did well with his 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

One question: What should I be looking for to check they have specified the car to full UK spec?

1. Spacesaver spare wheel (rather than puncture repair kit)

2. Headlights to UK setting (i.e not on all time like Volvos !)

3. Internal alarm (ultrasonic)

4. English Manuals (rather than Dutch/Danish)

[/ QUOTE ]

plus 5. the leatherette GTI cover to the Manual

plus 6. the absense of the "smoking pack" (UK are non-smoking spec so do not have the ashtray in offside rear door or centre console)

plus 7. hill start assist

plus 8. bottle opener

The GTI mats and the Oil pack in the boot are only supplied by some dealers as a service to their customers, but do not form part of UK spec!

nhs I suggest that "UK are non-smoking spec so do not have the ashtray in offside rear door or centre console" statement is not 100% correct as the smoking pack is availabe as a no-cost option for the UK but must be specified with your order.

How long did it take from order date to delivery date for the people that have had their car from Motorprovider ?

I ask because my car is up for sale and I have 2 viewings this weekend, if it sells I am car-less until I find what I want, and Motorprovider said there is no point in taking an order until I am ready to move, because they sell so quickly - so if mine sells on Sunday and I order from them on Monday, how long am I likely to be car-less ?

I ordered from Motorprovider and only got english manual and internal alarm from your list.

Everything else is not UK spec. Be carefull one good experience does not mean they all will be ...seems service is variable.

No reg. with VW UK and no assistance either mad.gif

and now the $%^£% thing is all smashed up smashfreakB.gif ARHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

petsy is quite correct - standard UK specification is the "non-smoking" pack. If you do a special order for smoking pack then you can have it - but the standard spec car doesn't have it!

s2kjames - if you have cash in hand there are plenty of sellers of import GTIs - motorprovider, motorpoint, motordepot, euroimports among others. I ordered from motorprovider and waited eight weeks only to be told it would be another 6-8 weeks for the car to arrive. A cash buyer always has flexibility, even if only to walk away!

Useful to hear Hibbsy's story. We've already seen Motorprovider misrepresenting themselves as a customer when they came in as "happymotor" - only to be spotted on this and another forum, when they eventually were exposed and admitted to being Motorprovider EEK2.GIF

I do hope all the "happy" people purchasing from Motorprovider are for real - some could be "happymotor" or one of his friends NONO3.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

How long did it take from order date to delivery date for the people that have had their car from Motorprovider ?

I ask because my car is up for sale and I have 2 viewings this weekend, if it sells I am car-less until I find what I want, and Motorprovider said there is no point in taking an order until I am ready to move, because they sell so quickly - so if mine sells on Sunday and I order from them on Monday, how long am I likely to be car-less ?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a steel grey DSG 3 door GTI with 18" Monza's and leather on a 55 plate for sale at Peter Cooper in Chichester for £21995, if it helps????

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it depends on a number of things particularly on whether you want a specific colour and spec. Other factors are luck and good timing!

It sounds like that they have also very recently changed their policy on ordering GTI's so best check with them.

They seem to get a shipment of around 40 GTI's every month, the majority of which are sold but you may get lucky and get a cancelled order (like Hibbsy). Otherwise the wait can be quite a few weeks (like Ysabelle & SteveGTI & myself)...with no certainty of an exact date. Mine took around 7 weeks in total but had to change colour, otherwise would have been longer shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]

There is a steel grey DSG 3 door GTI with 18" Monza's and leather on a 55 plate for sale at Peter Cooper in Chichester for £21995, if it helps????

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks but all I want is a 3 or 5 door manual, black with no options - Motorpoint only have DSG's, except one red one that doesn't have climate confused.gif which I am not interested in.

From ringing around it seems like Motorprovider might be my best bet, as I only want to spend around 18k

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

doesn't have climate which I am not interested in

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds to me like a non-UK spec model.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its an import from Ireland with sunroof instead of climate - might be only £16,999 brand new but its not for me.

Hello s2kjames

At the risk of being critised for marketing and a commercial interest from those who may clearly have a commercial interest but are not open about it as I am ?

I can clairfy that as a member of motorproviders staff but also being a customer of motorproviders.

Motor Provider now have a policy which is we will only sell Golf gti and R32 from physical stock , hence all customers will be able to view these cars to clarify any concerns regarding UK specifcation and delay before they commit to purchase.

MotorProvider no longer offers to sell pipeline cars or a special individual order facility as we would like greater control over any delays caused by vw, dealers, customs, suppliers etc.

Motor Provider have no spare stock at present but ask customers to keep a eye out on the website where cars will be indivually listed with full specification and photo's once instock and on display at sheffield. If you wish you can register to the news letter on the website. We expect some stock for sale in approx 3 - 4 weeks..

I am sure I will be critised for marketing, however reading this forum I conclude that people have the following concerns and with the help of this forum I will try to clarify any concerns to its members (is this not the idea of a forum and hope not to be critised).

1. delays -- Well we have had delays from selling pipeline cars and indivdual to be built orders and some of them HAVE AMOUNTED TO unreasonable times. Hence there wont be any more because we now !! only sell from physical stock at sheffield and apologise to those who have eperienced any delays

2. Specification --- Well as we get cars for stock and offer them for sale you can come and check them before you buy it so you know exactly what you are buying.

Please keep a eye on the website it does state "stock available in 3-4 weeks"

Re Happymotor - sounds like a better way of doing business given some of the challenges particularly surrounding orders of GTI's. On the downside I would imagine many people have to balance this timing issue of selling on their current car privately v's purchasing a new one which can be difficult. With strong demand for the GTI and your large geographical customer audience I should imagine it to be risky waiting a few weeks for stock to arrive to then find it's sold within 48 hours or so. A difficult one for both sides 169144-ok.gif

Just such a shame that Motorprovider still represent on the phone that their cars are UK specification......

This is a breach of Sale of Goods Act and Trade Descriptions Act. Motorprovider's waver on the back of the order from is likely to be invalid also under Unfair Contract Terms Act. Given that "happymotor" (Motorprovider) are suggesting legal redress against a complaining customer, perhaps they ought to get their own act in order first - maybe some legal advice about misrepresentation might not go amiss znaika.gif More than one such example is given above NONO3.GIFEEK2.GIFNONO3.GIF

Draw your own conclusions Flush.gif

May I clarify,

We only now sell cars from stock and offer them for sale. you can come and check them before you buy it so you know exactly what you are buying.

We arent a broker we dont work from a back bedroom ,we have all dealer facilities and the full vw dealer network backup.

I must point out as its not clear. All customers whether they have seen the car at point of order or ordered on the telephone, Motorprovider dont ask people to pay for their car until they have inspected it and happy with the car and its specification, at this stage the contract is completed (distance selling act where people order on the phone and dont view the goods), if they arent happy with the car etc they arent forced into taking delivery. There is not one instance where a customer has not accepted there new car.

Its very clear that customers of whom have taken delivery of a car at motorprovider are very happy with our company but however those of whom have had there car delayed (of which we apologise)and cancelled there are order are very bitter and others with a commercial interest will leave information that isnt 100% true !!!