Car steaming up when it rains? how do i stop this?

Hi guys,can somebody tell me why sometimes my car steams up when it rains? It seems to be just the back two rear passenger windows? Has anyone else had this problem? Just wondered if there was anyway to stop this my golf has climatronic or something, any settings or temperatures I can put this on to make all the windows demist? Thanks very much again for everyones help laugh.gif

Well, it wants to be on "Auto" rather than "Econ" first off. Econ doesn't use the air conditioning unit to dry the air like it does on Auto. After that, just make sure you get it coming out of the centre and side dash vents to get the air to the back of the car. It's no use round your feet which is where Auto seems to like to put it, and you should be ok.

Water always finds the lowest point so I'd check your carpets etc to see if they feel damp.

If you've been out in the rain and get into your car, you should expect some misting up as the water evaporates off you. It also depends on how far you drive, if you're only going 5 minutes round the corner I wouldn't expect the very rear windows to be clear.