Can you retrofit voice assistance to an e60 535d?

mpd5

Can you retrofit voice assistance to an e60 535d?

I have sat nav professional with HUD and bluetooth, but I am not sure if extended voice control can be put on. Is it just a software update & what cost do you think this would be?

AFAIK there is still a retro-fit kit available through the dealers, but it's pricey because of the charge for the s/w update. The only hardware change if you have the bluetooth kit is swapping the 'menu' switch for a split item giving 'menu' on one side and 'voice' on the other.

hth

Peter

There is loads of info on this over on www.e60forums.net

I am in on Monday to have mine done, it used to be a case of fitting the button and the new mic, which was aorund £50 parts and then an hours labour. However this was cheaper than choosing it in your build so now BMW have changed the way it works.

They now have to fit the parts and get a code from your car, then email to code to Germany and wait for them to send a code back before they can do the sotware update.

I have aagreed a fixed price of £210 at the most.

You also have to have had the latest software upgrade before hand, so if you can get it done through a warranty claim or similar that would be good.

Different dealers quote different figures, but the service instructions say to charge for 1.25 - 2.00 hours + parts.

Some people have been charged £650+ though, so be aware.