RETRO FITTING DIS AND CRUISE ON A4 B6

paul_tdi

has anyone created an instruction guide with pictures of how to fit and code the DIS and CC?

As i have never done anything like this before. Or is there anyone who can do this in Newcastle?

Cheers

All the info is here in this excellent thread, as Shark has said. I used this when I did mine with no problems.;)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I have just installed both dis and cruise to my A4 avant. All went fairly well, thanks to all those who have contributed here. Doing the last bit of coding can be a bit nerve racking when all the lights are flashing on the dash. When I installed my washer bottle sensor wire I managed to route it down one of the existing large rubber boots into the passenger foot well without too much trouble. I bought the plug, along with the correct connectors, that fits into the sensor, this makes it a very neat job. I picked up an earth using one of the bolts that holds the washer bottle in place, it saves having to run two wires into the footwell. The part numbers are:

Washer bottle sensor: 7M0 919 376

Contact Housing (plug): 1J0 973 202

Connector Wires: 000 979 009A

Connector Wires: 000 979 133A

I can't remember which of the wires are for the sensor plug and which are for the connector on the instrument cluster, but as you need one of each of these anyway I don't suppose it matters. If you haven't seen these wires before they are just a short length of wire with a connector crimped on each end. You cut it and join up to it. I soldered my connecting wire and then put a piece of heat shrink over the top".

This is on page 14 of this thread, hope it helps. You don't need a seal as it is already in place,(it was on my B6 anyway) just remove the plastic bung out of the middle and put the sensor in. You can do it with the washer bottle full with out too much lost fluid, you have to be quick though.

Good luck

I don't believe so. I'm sure you need N, P, R or Q.

Thanks for that, pity.. Its like playing countdown with all those letters.. Another quick question. Only thing I have noticed with the DIS is that when I hit the reset button to go from 1 to 2 then from 2 to 1 again, it turns the DIS off so I need to hit it again to go back to 1. Is that normal?

• 3 weeks later...

Retrofit problems with trip computer. I already have DIS and cruise so focused on getting my trip computer to work.

I installed the wiper stalk and the washer level sensor. When the airbag was uninstalled, my battery got plugged in (don't ask) and when everything was together again I couldn’t use the Vag-Com to get into the instrument cluster. Now, everything works as prescribed, the instrument cluster is fine displaying all properly but I can't code it to enable trip computer functionality because I can't get into the cluster module. the first time I tried doing a scan for faults, the vag couldn't even connect to it. I unplugged it and then re-plugged and tried again and then it came back with no faults. But when I try to access it to recode, it lets me in now, but kicks me out almost immediately.

I guess the car freaked out when it didn't see a steering wheel for the short time there was power to it.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to how to proceed? Thanks for the help.

Luis

PS: the cluster works fine, if I hadn't tried to get into it with the Vag-Come I would have never known there was a problem...

...Not sure if the N module has been superceded but there are also P and R modules out there too (non-multi function and multi function respectively).

If I have a non MFSW, does this mean that I can't use an R suffix control module? Or should it work ok?

I don't believe so. I'm sure you need N, P, R or Q.

Do you know if a T suffix will work? I've seen a few T and S modules on eBay europe.

Is it safe to buy a used steering module? Is it easy enough to adapt the module for a different car?

Thanks!

Had a quick look on EKTA for steering control module 8E0 953 549 T, and it's from an RS4. Now I'm a bit new to using EKTA, but I think that the exploded diagram of this part implies that this part should be compatible with cruise, as the cruise stalk is included on the same diagram (item 3) as the steering control module with the T suffix:

ekta.jpg

I'm told (albeit by the guy selling the module) that the part is compatible with all 8E Audi A4s, B6 or B7.

Do you think it's worth a punt?

Hi,

I've just purchased a 2005 A4 S-Line 2.0 TDI (no MFSW) and it doesn't have much in the way of extras. I'm specifically after cruise control and wouldn't mind a trip computer with MPG, average speed, etc (currently just shows radio info and distance to empty). I've found a few useful posts so know it can be done, but most of the posts were old and not sure if the members who could help out (on the coding side) are still around.

Anyway, I'm not exactly sure what need so could someone confirm and perhaps let me know where I can get the parts, if not from the dealer.

For Cruise Control, I'm assuming I just need:

1.control stalk

2.lower cowling

3.someone who can recode the ECU

Does anyone know how much Audi will charge for this?

For the trip computer, does the whole cluster need changing? or will I just need a wiper stalk with the buttons on the end?

Any ideas on cost for this would be really useful. Thanks!

Ben

Thank

Hi,

I've just purchased a 2005 A4 S-Line 2.0 TDI (no MFSW) and it doesn't have much in the way of extras. I'm specifically after cruise control and wouldn't mind a trip computer with MPG, average speed, etc (currently just shows radio info and distance to empty). I've found a few useful posts so know it can be done, but most of the posts were old and not sure if the members who could help out (on the coding side) are still around.

Anyway, I'm not exactly sure what need so could someone confirm and perhaps let me know where I can get the parts, if not from the dealer.

For Cruise Control, I'm assuming I just need:

1.control stalk

2.lower cowling

3.someone who can recode the ECU

Does anyone know how much Audi will charge for this?

For the trip computer, does the whole cluster need changing? or will I just need a wiper stalk with the buttons on the end?

Any ideas on cost for this would be really useful. Thanks!

Ben