I've been offered...

Domster

a Mark 4 V6 4Motion.....

x reg, 30k. Full heated leather recaros, 6cd...for £12500 It needs tyres, tax, mot so I will offer him 10/11...I know the lad and it aint his car..(companys let him sell it on, COUGH backhander COUGH) What do you lot think over the R32? E.g over 10k less...the only advantage the R32 has is the wheels...bodykit..bigger engine and 4wd and exhaust...right? Help needed, he needs a quick sale... confused.gif

ive driven the 4motion and was disapointed with the performance which is why i ordered an r32. i worked out that i would spend 4k on the 4mo on bumpers, chip, wheels sussy etc to bring it up to what i want and it still wouldnt be an r32 at the end of the day. On the other hand 10k is a lot to save and the 4mo is still an awesome car.

Tough choice, nice one to have tho

Well i just traded in my v6 4 motion today for an r32 that I ordered in feb this year. I had the 4 motion for just under 2 years and whilst it isn't an r32 it is still a very nice car with a supperb engine. My only real gripe with it was the suspention was too soft which has obvious effects on handling but could have been modded to fix that. I'm not into modding cars so never bothered. only had the r32 for half a day now and have to say it is a completely different animal. Rock solid suspension, great handling etc, not had a chance to push it yet as it's only got 25 miles on the clock. grin.gif

My wife's got an X-reg 4mo which we've had since new, and although the suspension is a little stodgy - particularly when the car is pushed hard, it's still good compared to most of the cr*p on the road nowadays.

Gear-change is smooth, 4wd good (but not as good as my A4 wink.gif) and fit and finish are very good - I don't think we've had one bit of trim come loose or fall off in almost 3 years (touch wood). The car is reasonably quick too.

I'd recommend the car if you can't or don't want to stretch to an R32 - especially at that price (I'd have been hoping for a couple of grand more).

Look out for pitted wheels - the standard ones (on my wife's car, anyway) seem to get pitted very easily, so I'm going to have to have them refinished before we sell.

I have also just sold my 4 motion which i'd had for the last two years and although i'd agree it's a different animal to my R32 i'd still rate it very highly ! For a start too much is made of the softer suspension, after all it's not THE ARROW, IT'S THE INDIAN ! you can still drive the 4 motion very hard and very safely and you'd have to be very skilled indeed to drive an A3 past it !! Where in my opinion it really excels is on long motorway hauls where the very good engine just lets you rip up the mileage with minimal wear and tear on yourself, the softer ride pays you right back there and then. Build quality on mine was faultless and i'd have to say better than my new R32 which is probably down to the fact that the 4Mot was built at Wolfsburg while the 32's were all assembled down in Bratislavia. Enough said the 4 Motion in my humble opinion was and still is a class act.

OK, i'll explain.

Steering - too light and numb (S3's steering crap as well but at leats it felt meaty)

Engine - Sounded nice until you revved it when it got completely asthmatic near the red line.

Brakes - crap, 'nuff said.

I had waited for this car for nearly a year when I heard it was coming out, loved my old VR6, figured I would love the 4motion.

Have never been so dissapointed with a new car.

To top it off, not long after they released it VW chopped nearly 2 grand of the list, thank god I sold mine on the day they released the info.

Better off going for a high(ish) mileage S3, far classier and more fun.