Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaneda55

Looking to purchase an S8

30 posts in this topic

[ QUOTE ]

jump.gif That still gets me grin.gif WTF am I doing listening to this sh1t @ 6.20am cool.gif

169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sneaky your not alone, I find myself listening to the soundclip even though I hear it every time I start the car

jump.gif

If you're looking for a new exhaust system then take a look at this thread I posted some time ago LPS Zorst I had this done some time ago, and still thrill to the sound of my mota drowning out all other sounds from the surrounding area 169144-ok.gifjump.gif

Yeah I did notice the manual gearbox in that sound clip. I'm positive it's an Audi V8 though (my neighbour has a ducati and that sounds a lot lumpier), not necessarily an S8 mind. I've listened to the Milltek video clip of a 4.2 S4 and it's got a similar and distinctive characteristics.

This is a pic of the manifold & exhaust I used to have and probably why Millteks quality doesn't impress me. The quality of the Jap parts are truly stunning. toda.bheader.jpg

bc_spec3.jpg

http://www.toda-racing.jp/new/frame_new.html

Thanks for the heads up on the exhaust options anyway

Neil

P.S. That's a sweet sounding exhaust Botang and that's some lovely work on yours Bump, got any sound clips? smile.gif

Seems the thread has been pulled back to the ol' exhaust debate again!! ;-)

In my opinion.. stay standard and give your insurance company a break!

Also, there are one or two things to look out for. On weakness is that you can get a knocking from the front suspension, this is caused in my case by the ovalization (is that a word!) of the front upper wishbone mounts.

Secondly, look for oil leaks around the output shaft at the back of the gearbox.

Thirdly, check brakes and tracking, these are often overlooked and expensive to replace. £100 for a proper 4 wheel tracking and alignment from Audi.

Last of all, dont be put off by these few things. These are absolutely tremendous cats. The sweetest power delivery this side of the new RS4 and yet you can drive all day still get out with a smile on your face!

Im just sad I have to sell mine!!!! Interested?

Oh. a PS.. Make sure its had a cambelt change!! That'll be £1400 from an audi stealer or around £800 from a good independent. Hope that helps...

Beavis..

post-6851-137914361128_thumb.jpg