Sooooooooo quiet.................

encee

[ QUOTE ]

True, and I do wonder how much difference it makes nowadays confused.gif Certainly wouldn't make much difference to me, since an '06 registered car could have a 55, 06 or 56 plate...

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite true Peter, and it does make you think that although the twice-yearly plate change was supposedly brought in to help alleviate the stress on dealers on the 1st September (in days gone by), the cynical among us (me included grin.gif) may wonder if the twice-yearly thing was introduced so that the dealers may get more new car sales; ie, the incentive being, for so many people it would seem, to always have the latest new number plate on the front of their car ?

Myself, I couldn`t care less to be honest, but I do like something that`s quite new if possibe, for perceived reliability (not always the case, I know frown.gif), lower miles on the engine, and the peace of mind that a warrantied car brings with it. 169144-ok.gif

Only 3 days to go, now...................... ECLIPSe.gif

It`s here, and yes, I`ve only just come back from being out in it !

To quickly summarise..............WHAT A CAR ! jump.gif

Collected this morning around 1030, and done about 60 miles since (couldn`t get any more in until this evening; Mrs has been at work, so I`ve been minding the ankle-biter this afternoon.)

Anyway.............performance: even better than I remembered after the test-drive ! This thing pulls like a bloody train, in EVERY gear. I still can`t believe it`s "only" a diesel, as the first two gears kick you back into the seat unlike any car I`ve had before, and that includes a Scooby STI PPP. It really is that urgent on acceleration.

Coming back down the M-way this morning, and 6th is just ridiculous, as it pulls like it`s still in 4th (It wasn`t, honest grin.gif) BMW certainly aren`t kidding when they say it has 369 ft/lbs of torque, as it floods in as soon as you require, with very little turbo lag.

The handling is sublime..............With typical rear-driven efficiency, it just tightens its line as soon as you ask. You just need to power on a bit more, and it`s straight round the bend, with no fuss. (Yes, I`m aware that it may be a "tad" less obliging when it`s wet grin.gif) The grip from the tyres is excellent, and the car really does belie its 1500+kg weight, when chucking it about. Another plus-point is the steering, which I find beautifully weighted. Yes, I know it`s been criticised a bit for this in the motoring press, but a mere mortal like myself is finding it just about perfect, ie; not too heavy at low speed, but loads of feel on the move. Brilliant !

Braking; again, fantastic ! Sure and progressive, and I can`t ask any more than that; certainly not on the road, anyway, and I have no plans to take it on the track. As I say, I have been driving it enthusiastically, should we say, today, and I haven`t found the brakes showing any signs of fading at all (though I realise you have to be going-some, on the road, for a prolonged period, to induce brake-fade)

Exterior/Interior: More than happy, as I think it looks subtle, but aggressive, on the lowered M-Sport suspension. The quality of the materials, inside and out, is also of a very high standard, IMO. Maybe some of you that have been driving BMW`s for years (only had 2 myself, before) would disagree, I don`t know, but, as I said, I can`t fault the quality. Hopefully time won`t make me eat my words on that one, as it`s early days yet.

Now then, as you`re all aware, we don`t live in a perfect world, so nothing`s ever perfect...........even my new Beemer grin.gif, and so it is, that my one criticism is that interior stowage-space is not that great, as there`s no overhead cubby-hole for the shades (not that you need them much in our lovely British summers), and the glovebox isn`t big enough to fit in my CD case, and I`ve only got a single-CD player in mine.

Oh.....wait a minute...... the BMW Professional Radio/CD I have will play MP3`s from CD (and it has an Ipod connector), so I burned about 50-odd tracks onto a CD last night anyway, and they play perfectly (that word again !) in it.

So peeps, if you`ve not died of boredom yet, you`ll have gathered that I`m somewhat chuffed with my new 330d M-Sport.

And yes, I`ll say it again for those who didn`t catch-on ( grin.gif).............IT`S THAT GOOD !!!!!!!

Thanks for reading. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Congratulations on your new car!! And thanks for the write up as well 169144-ok.gif Now wait until it's done 10k miles and is properly loosened up grin.gif

Enjoy ECLIPSe.gif

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers Peter. 169144-ok.gif

I`m going to take great delight in getting to those 10k miles, mate. grin.gif