02 Passat SE 12v power outlets

buzzer1967

My Passat SE has 3 12v sockets, the cigarette lighter on the dash, one behind the handbrake and one in the boot. I was using an power inverter to power my laptop and it blew the fuse for the dash cigarette lighter socket. I have replaced the fuse for the dash socket but now the other two (boot socket and handbrake socket) do not work. Is there a separate fuse for these 2 because the dash socket works fine? I can't see a fuse for them in the dash fusebox so are they on a different circuit?

I can't answer specifically for the Passat but I've just fixed exactly the same problem with a neighbour's Ford Galaxy! The fuse layout in the handbook didn't match the fuse layout in the car!! There was one fuse (10A) listed for the "cigar lighter", another (20A) which had blown, which appeared to be controlling the cigar lighter and the rear power sockets and a third (which I never got to check) under the passenger seat! It may therefore be worthwhile pulling ALL the fuses to check for a blown one in case your diagram is out of synch with the actual fusebox.