GTi newbie questions

lazydragon

Hi all. I picked up my GTi earlier this week and enjoyed it a lot. Still trying to run in the engine. Please help me with out here:

Q1. The ‘menu’ button on the steering wheel does not seem to activate. I tried in at ignition. Also tried: after engine has started, and holding the button for a few seconds. Nothing? Is it a fault or just not available to Australian GTis?

Q2. The passenger doors cannot be opened from the outside. Is this programmed in the menu? I have tried the unlock remote control (pressing twice / holding), but the car will only unlock the driver side door

Thank you

Some more information is needed to answer your question, as different options apply to different set ups. This is because some you can change yourself and some have to be changed at the dealers.

Do you have "Highline" display?

do you have the multifunction steering wheel?

do you have cruise control?

do you mean the steering wheel or the stalk regarding menu?

The door locking/unlocking thing is probably how the car is set up, need to press twice for about 0.5 secs each time to get all doors to unlock with the remote, otherwise will open drivers only (on the set up that it sounds like you've got set up)

Does the passenger door unlock with the "unlock" button on the inside drivers door? If not then your door may have a fault and need the dealers help

The display shows temp, travel info, petrol usage, etc

Yes, multifunction steering wheel

Yes, cruise control

I was refering to the menu button on steering wheel (above the OK), not the stalk

Yes, the passenger door unlock with the unlock button. But I will try the remote again tomorrow. Thanks :-)

At stationary, shut doors and put on seatbelt. You should then be able to set up discetionary functions on the highline using the "menu" toggle

When the vehicle is moving >5mph, then this setup menu should be inaccessible, but you can toggle through the rest of the menus. Use the "OK" to toggle from 1 to 2.

Just got my new GTi and I'm having the same problem as lazydragon. That it, the Menu button doesn't work. Does anyone know if the dealer can change some options for me? I want to disable the coming/leaving home (headlights left on for 30sec)and auto-door locking features..

These can be changed by the dealer, or by anyone else that has VAG COM - the software on a laptop plus the appropriate connector for the GTI (found just under the bonnet pull up above the accelerator pedal)

829424-ResizeofIMG_2252.JPG