Meguiars Compulsive Disorder (MCD)?

bpsmith

There must be something wrong with me? I cant go into Halfrauds without buying a Meguiars product! Returned some unused gasket sealer and came out with an interior brush and another microfibre cloth!

Last time it was a wash mitt, chamois, MF cloth, Gold Class Wash and some applicators!

Help me out here. Am I the only one!?!

Always in trouble with the missus as a result of this.

slap.gif

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Log onto Motorgeek.co.uk and your missus will no doubt have you in a big pit ! My collection takes up a whole side of my wardrobe and most of the shelves in the garage. The wonderful world wide web is the real danger, it is so easy to spend your cash on all sorts of great things that Halfords and other like it simply do not have...... log on at your peril.

Lads, ye are not alone - I have this problem in Halfords too and then I start on C&S and Motorgeek... CC is well racked up now!

Went to Halfords to return my tyre brush (long story in another thread) and had to get another 3 pack of the M/F cloths as I explained there was nothing else on the shelf to exchange for cause I had everything... he kinda slagged me, and then I kinda reminded him that I bought it all off him - he being the manager, so he was happy and we both had a laugh jump.gif

Paddy

Dont get me started about the Net. Cant use eBay any more for fear of purchasing even more pointless items!

Now we are not talking big bucks, with regards to the Meg's habit, but the sheer number of products I have bought recently really does beg the question of needing to seek help!

Problem is, I just love cleaning the damn cars. Now how anal is that!?!

I am sure if there was that it would be over subscribed!

Although you have to admit you have the problem before they can give you any help! ;-)

I think I am going to get hold of some Pinnacle Souveran next. Got a Black A2, a dark green Freelander and a Red MX-5 to do, so should be the perfect product from what I read on recent posts!?!

Getting rid of the Freelander and MX-5 soon so will do a fantastic job on those to set them off in the Sun we are getting recently.

I popped into Halfords earlier today with the intention of buying Rain-X as recommended by other TSNers (see topic on Kamikaze Bugs) but I came out with Megs glass cleaner (looks like neat Vodka!) and a pack of their excellent cloths. I have to say that Megs products are second to none! My glass has never been so clean.

I know I should clean the rest of my car for the GTI International Show on Sunday but I simply won't have time tomorrow.

Lads, I have this problem too - was just getting questioned by wife this morning about it: Conversation:

Wife - so how many orders have you put in this week for car stuff?

Me - None

Wife - Are you sure

Me - Yes

Wife - Nothing at all??

Me - Well, maybe just some small things that were on back order...

Wife - Hmm, guessed as much...

Me - cue excuses that I like having cars looking good for when we are all out in them

Wife - cue her explaining that cars are not human

Me - get's out of bed and come's in and talks to my Meg's Compulsive Disorder councillor on TSN

Ha Ha...

Now, where is my credit card... beerchug.gif

Happy detailing

Paddy

I did the 'just passing Halfords' thing the other day. I think my A3 is pulling to the left, I ended up in the car park. While trying to find out what's wrong with the car I happened to purchase one of those Water Magnet things.

Thing is, I'm sure it's very good but I can't help feeling I've just bought a very large tea towel blush.gif